Author Topic: can i tell you how amazing 3D printing stuff really is  (Read 5736 times)

i just saw a thing related to the three things called "three dimensions", "real life" and "plastic", and i realized, why the forget isn't anyone loving stoked for the whole 3D printing thing???

seriously i remember when it was some kind of innovation to print out basic shapes and stuff, and then suddenly there's this motherforgeter

this thing works and is made from "nylon powder" which is durable as hell!

i literally googled "awesome 3d printed things" and this bike was one of the first results.

"hey my teddybear, don't you think we should get engagement rings that aren't boring~?"
"my cross is boring, i wanna look awesome while praying so christ will come down and brofist me!"
"holy balls, i wish i had some cool spaceships to look at!"

GUYS

ALL OF THAT IS POSSIBLE AND MIGHT END UP IN YOUR HOUSE AT SOME POINT.

christ, we had a loving thread for those spaceships once, there was lots of cool stuff in there.
(personal note: try typing "profit" as an example of a cool looking one!)

all of this ultra cool stuff! bicycles, spaceships, crosses and rings and possibly guns and clothes!
if only any of that could be done at home.

well HERE YOU GO

FOR ONLY $1400 YOU CAN MAKE NEON GREEN SPACESHIPS AT HOME

seriously, imagine you're rich and want a new love toy because the last one was snapped in half. just torrent a model of a carrot and cram it into the printer!

YOU FINALLY CAN ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD carrotS.

OH AND, MASS MARKETED 3D PRINTING IS HAPPENING, BUT forget THAT!
ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADED carrotS ARE ALSO HAPPENING.

"but, all of this requires some modeling and i can't model to save my life ;-; !"
FRET loving NOT

HOLY stuff THERE'S ALSO A 3D loving PEN.

imagine going to art class with this.
you can watch everyone doodle with their peasantly pencils, and then WHIP OUT YOUR BAD BOY AND SWIFTLY ART YOURSELF UP A SHOCKWAVE FIGURINE.
the look on everyone's faces will be priceless.

the future is coming and it's awesome.

discuss 3d printers and similar stuff in this thread!

Woah, I didn't know there was such thing as 3D pens.

finally, my lifelong dream of downloading carrots on the internet will come true

I'm ordering a 3d printer on the 10th next month. Just need that pay packet...

I want that pen.
i saw the advert for the pen on youtube, it's actually thread and doesn't completely draw in the air though...

i saw the advert for the pen on youtube, it's actually thread and doesn't completely draw in the air though...
By thread you mean a strand of plastic. It's not like it just produces plastic out of thin air.
Also by "it can't completely draw in the air" I hope you don't think that something can just float in the air.

Someone printed the lower reciever of an M-16 with his 3D printer. That's the only part of the gun that you need a licence for in the US, the rest of the parts can be bought without a licence by anyone. Scary stuff. Watch the Vice documentary here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

3D printing is awesome

i watched a vid on youtube about this guy who's uses a 3D printer to print out working guns! (even if they did fall apart eventually, the technology is still being refined i guess)

I've been excited about 3D printing for a while now, I just never posted about it on the forums.

3D printing is ok I guess
It has very little practical use in everyday life and is expensive to buy one.
It's not too practical industrially.
For the price of one, you can easily get a company to print something out for you.

3D printing is ok I guess
It has very little practical use in everyday life and is expensive to buy one.
It's not too practical industrially.
For the price of one, you can easily get a company to print something out for you.
also most consumer models aren't up to par with what bigger industries have

i want those spaceships, they look cool :oo

My uncle was going to get a 3d printer but instead he bought a C & C machine along with solidworks and is learning it for now then is going to get a large production machine compared to what he has now.  

It would kinda look like this when he would get a larger version.