Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 857962 times)

Well my dad bought that challenger. The family of flashy Dodges continues its legacy.

alright so the car is finally done.

full setup:

2003 Nissan 350z touring edition (w/ 90,000 miles)
complete engine rebuild with forged parts
complete transmission rebuild
completely "rebuilt" the suspension with coilovers and poly bushings
greddy twin turbo setup
new rotors, calipers, and brakelines
carbon fiber hood, lip, and spoiler
complete dark silver respray
enkei raijin staggered wheels
authentic nismo catback exhaust
racing headers & injectors

a few other smaller things (short shifter kit etc etc), I'm getting the car tuned and dyno'd tomorrow so I'll be able to report the final horsepower.  planning on running each turbo at 9-11 psi

cant wait to get this thing on the track and just shred tires

Did you paint the hood?

Why would you throw all those beautiful words at me with no pictures?

Well my dad bought that challenger. The family of flashy Dodges continues its legacy.

I have the dominant Ford family. My dad just bought his first not-american car a little over a year ago, which was extremely odd. We have three Fords now and have had two immediately before then.

List of Fords my dad has owned cause I'm so nice:

2013 Ford E-350 (current)
2008 Ford E-350
2002 Ford Windstar
2001 Ford Focus ZX3 (current)
1995 Ford Taurus
1989 Ford Mustang LX (current)
1974 Ford LTD (dad's first car, which he bought in 1992 iirc)
1968 Ford Mustang

I might get one of those to be my first car in hopefully the near future, they're fairly common and cheap in my country, and I've been doing some researches about cars of this type and this is the best option for me so far.
-peugeot 206-
A Peugeot 206, quite a lovely hatchback.
this is the picture that came to my mind:

My favorite game ever! NFS Underground 2, right? :)

My dream car

Eugh. Bad call. Get a Aston Martin Vantage instead. In a year after you buy it, it'll be worth more than the scrap metal you can harvest from it.

also because it will be prettier

this is the picture that came to my mind:
That's another reason why I want to get a 206 c:

I have the dominant Ford family. My dad just bought his first not-american car a little over a year ago, which was extremely odd. We have three Fords now and have had two immediately before then.

List of Fords my dad has owned cause I'm so nice:

2013 Ford E-350 (current)
2008 Ford E-350
2002 Ford Windstar
2001 Ford Focus ZX3 (current)
1995 Ford Taurus
1989 Ford Mustang LX (current)
1974 Ford LTD (dad's first car, which he bought in 1992 iirc)
1968 Ford Mustang

Both sides of mine are Dodge people. My dad, mom and stepmom have owned six Dakotas between them, my mom used to have a Stratus, my dad traded off his Dakota for a Ram 2500, traded it for a Charger and now has a Challenger. My step mom has an original 1972 Challenger she's owned since high school, and she also has a jacked up Ram 2500 on 37s.My uncle also has a Charger and of course I have a 2014 Dart.

So you could say we like Dodges.

Both sides of mine are Dodge people. My dad, mom and stepmom have owned six Dakotas between them, my mom used to have a Stratus, my dad traded off his Dakota for a Ram 2500, traded it for a Charger and now has a Challenger. My step mom has an original 1972 Challenger she's owned since high school, and she also has a jacked up Ram 2500 on 37s.My uncle also has a Charger and of course I have a 2014 Dart.

So you could say we like Dodges.

My dad worked at a Dodge dealer in South St Louis County back when I was younger than preschool age. The dealer would allow him to take cars back home with him (Edwardsville, IL) for a couple weeks and they'd pay for the gas and everything. I remember he had at least two Stratuses (hit a deer in one of them), two Caravans, a white Ram 1500, and a Chrysler Sebring. I'm certain there were more but I wouldn't be able to discern them from demos from other dealers that he worked at previously.

He also owned a Dodge Shadow and a Dodge Spirit R/T, neither of which came from that dealer. He also sold my mom's parents an Intrepid.

It is apparent that my family is largely a GMC and Chevrolet family.

2006(?) GMC Yukon
2008 GMC Yukon XL
2014 Chevrolet Sonic (Sedan model. Can you believe this thing is turbocharged?)
2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Hopefully will be mine one day...)

What if the guy who took my bike in to clean my carbs asks for a ridiculous amount of money to fix this issue of "not being able to get it started"

what should i do?