Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 858319 times)

At my tech school automotive class we are currently restoring a 1961 Studebaker Lark. Its rusted to hell and we have to rebuild the engine but in the end it'll hopefully be worth it.

I like Studebaker's. It's weird to think that back then it was just considered to be an ordinary vehicle. It wasn't really anything special for the time.

I was thinking of buying a used 2008 Honda Civic ($7.5k) after the summer is over is that a good idea guys??

I was thinking of buying a used 2008 Honda Civic ($7.5k) after the summer is over is that a good idea guys??

It sounds like a very good deal, however it really depends on the condition of the car since it's used. It also depends on what type it is: LX, Hybrid, Si, etc.

i dont know if i wanna be a stancefriend and lower my WRX and get new wheels+tires and be sittin hellafresh or keep it stock. It's a moderate drop, but slight rubbing and speedbumps becoming a problem when people are loaded in the car is my issue.

i dont know if i wanna be a stancefriend and lower my WRX and get new wheels+tires and be sittin hellafresh or keep it stock. It's a moderate drop, but slight rubbing and speedbumps becoming a problem when people are loaded in the car is my issue.
I think it looks cool stock

I think it looks cool stock

this is what I want though. 18x8.5 +55mm offset (stock STI wheels) on RCE yellow lowering springs. It looks really nice and practical, but what about when I put people in the back? thats my trouble.

also, wheel noobie, if lets say i get this suspension and run 18x8.5 + 40mm offset (instead of 55) on the same size tires (245/40) would that be too much of a big deal/difference in how it looks? Would it be better?

aw man. u got the sedan. i didnt notice before

aw man. u got the sedan. i didnt notice before
WRXs only come in sedans? Unless theres something im missing.

WRXs only come in sedans? Unless theres something im missing.
i would get an older one before going with the sedan :(

i would get an older one before going with the sedan :(
well, the 99 Impreza RS is a coupe.

and the sedan doesn't look half bad. it's very quick. turbo is a lot of fun.

yeah it looks great. but it's... a sedan

yeah it looks great. but it's... a sedan
uh

4 doors for more whores?

I think the tire size would be cool if it stayed the same, I like that look. I like lowered cars, my main thing is cambered wheels. Hate that.