Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 854935 times)

Ive found a tercel I can buy, it would be a hell of a lot of work and a whole day's drive just to go get it, and then its still pretty rough, a lot of paint and bodywork to get it to look presentable
http://semo.craigslist.org/snw/4975866199.html
lol toyato!
its not worth 1000$ in that shape, hell no, im going to ask 750 and we'll go from there, my dad just has to agree, I have nearly 500$ of my own money and my dad has said he'll pay half updates later tonight

+Plaid seats!
+1983 model
+Roof rack
+3 of 4 factory aluminum rims

- needs clutch
- needs a ton of work on the body
- from pics interior is really dirty
- or + this guy seems to have no idea about the car given he cant even spell Toyota!

what you guys think

Being a 32 year old Toyota rusting in the hands of a guy who knows nothing about it, I'd have serious trust issues on it. He doesn't give the mileage either and the mpg seems like bs to me. Missouri is a long way to come look at a car in that condition too. You'd better be pretty sure of yourself and bring a trailer to tow it home.

we have a saturn SW2 that looks exactly like this,

a 2003 white ford windstar, and a blue-green 1994 ford astro van

Being a 32 year old Toyota rusting in the hands of a guy who knows nothing about it, I'd have serious trust issues on it. He doesn't give the mileage either and the mpg seems like bs to me. Missouri is a long way to come look at a car in that condition too. You'd better be pretty sure of yourself and bring a trailer to tow it home.
I was hoping to ask a few more questions before I drive all the way there, Im making one drive there and that is to pick it up
if I get the go ahead from my dad I will most like try to call the number and find out more info about it
I actually hope he knows something about it if its not a clutch but a transmission issue than we have a more serious problem because the 4wd transmission is a one-off and the parts are rare ill also ask about odo miles and the condition of the engine it has a flat tire in the pic so it appears to have been sitting a long time, and btw yes I do want a Tercel and not just a cheap car, I'm a huge fan of Older Toyotas and this would be the perfect car to get me through college

the amount of work required is huge like I said but I think it would be fun to bring this thing back from the dead

the gas mileage is a little bit overshot, but it has a manual transmission and a 1.3L engine, driven correctly I think 30 is close to accurate

Honestly I hate the tercel, But if you really want it go for it, But what might be a good option is getting a old Subaru Outback.

I agree with the trust issues.

So about half an hour ago, I was sitting in a parking lot contemplating something to do to kill some time. I was sitting there thinking when I suddenly heard this screaming wail noise. I looked around like, "What the...?" I heard it coming from my right and I looked towards the street near the parking lot.

It was a white Lamborghini Aventador SV, similar to the one below. It went blasting past traffic in the far right lane at more than double the speed limit.

>mfw

Dude the one in the picture isn't a SV. It's a tuned one to look like an SV. And the SV aventadors haven't been sold yet.

Dude the one in the picture isn't a SV. It's a tuned one to look like an SV. And the SV aventadors haven't been sold yet.

Huh okay, the more you know.

I guess it was just an aventador with special aftermarket aero kits. I had recently been reading about the apparently anticipated SV and thought that's what it was.

Yep, it was just a aftermarket kit, I think it was done by DMC, and "the more you know" XDXDXDXD, those commercials are the worst XD.

I can't wait to go to the next auto show here in Houston. Sadly, from what I'm aware of, the next one isn't until next January.

And also mmmmm

the white one looks really bad :(
Now that I look at it, yeah, it does look bad.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:10:06 PM by AtlasBlue »

the white one looks really bad :(

850 miles from home at 4am on a Sunday.

Guess we won't be at work on Monday.

stuff.