Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 858334 times)

thick sidewall is the best sidewall
215/70 R15 fo' life

It's a Buick, if you can find one that doesn't ride nice I'll be impressed lol. I don't think tie rod ends usually thump, maybe struts. Tie rod end is cheaper and easier to replace and check if it's bad though. Those are a dime a dozen around here. Ugly cars but they're nice to drive.

so I just left the gas station

I came away from the pump spinning the tires and slid around the corner of the pump and holy stuff it was awesome. Tire smoke was about. Poor tires haha. Someone yelled,"You a dumbass!" in a female white trash accent lmao

if I ever get a gopro camera im gonna have so much fun
You aren't the best liar.

It's a Buick, if you can find one that doesn't ride nice I'll be impressed lol. I don't think tie rod ends usually thump, maybe struts. Tie rod end is cheaper and easier to replace and check if it's bad though. Those are a dime a dozen around here. Ugly cars but they're nice to drive.

I'm hoping it's not struts. My dad had a Focus that's since been sold, but we pulled into an Aldi parking lot and one of the struts (I'm thinking the drivers side) literally snapped. There was a loud bang and the left front side of the car collapsed downwards. We managed to move it into a parking space and left the car there for three days until we could rent a trailer to tow it 25 miles home.

But yeah, nobody knows exactly what the Buick's problem is. My dad hasn't driven it yet so I'm gonna have him drive it to listen for the sound since he has more mechanical experience than me.

I also don't really know what inspections look for and what would cause it to pass or fail. Quite certain whatever suspension issue we're dealing with should be fixed first, but I don't know if they'll care about the window or not.

thick sidewall is the best sidewall
235/70 R15 fo' life

fixed

You aren't the best liar.

not the first time ive been called a liar. I'll record on a phone sometime, just for you.

I also don't really know what inspections look for and what would cause it to pass or fail. Quite certain whatever suspension issue we're dealing with should be fixed first, but I don't know if they'll care about the window or not.
this is everything that "gets checked" at a VA state inspection

I use the term checked very loosely because the last time i went 90% of the things were never checked

Do you guys like JDM cars? Basicly for the people who don't know, it's a more clean type of tuning on japanese cars, search JDM and you might find some actual results.

I've never lived in a state with inspections so I couldn't say. Do you live in a state where it snows, XR7? Coil could've rusted in half.

Also need more cool pix of people's cars.

I like JDM cars, My personal favorite is the s14 silvia

Do you guys like JDM cars? Basicly for the people who don't know, it's a more clean type of tuning on japanese cars, search JDM and you might find some actual results.
Tuning is usually ok, but I'm not a fan of altering a car's cosmetics, especially a fine-looking sports car

Just got back from getting the car inspected. It failed safety because the rear brakes are running thin, but passed emissions. If I get right on the brakes (my dad and I can just do it at home), then I can take it back in and get re-inspected for free. The suspension is totally perfect - no tie rod or strut problems.

They did find some other issues important to note though. The brake lines to the rear brakes are incredibly rusty. There's no way we can fix those at home so those will cost a couple hundred to replace. One of the engine mounts also should get replaced, and that might be what I was feeling through the brake pedal since it is allowing some movement. Not sure what engine mounts run for though. The ones in the Buick might be filled with hydraulic fluid for a smoother ride, so that might make it more costly.

I've never lived in a state with inspections so I couldn't say. Do you live in a state where it snows, XR7? Coil could've rusted in half.

My uncle lives in central Illinois and bought the car in January 2014. Not sure where it came from before that, but wouldn't be surprised if it came from up north. The undercarriage, the region around the gas cap, and the corner of one of the doors has rust probably caused by road salt, and we have a heck of a lot of that in the winters.

Brake lines suck to replace. I would definitely have someone else do that lol.

Brake lines suck to replace. I would definitely have someone else do that lol.

Yeah they'll probably also be the first things I replace after it passes inspection. It'd suck if they rusted through and I didn't notice  :cookieMonster:

Yeah they'll probably also be the first things I replace after it passes inspection. It'd suck if they rusted through and I didn't notice  :cookieMonster:

Yeah I live in Minnesota where we salt the forget out of our roads and this happened to my Intrigue. I noticed a few drips on the ground under it a few different times and finally had it looked at and my brake lines were so rusty they were just seeping. By the time I got it to the shop I had almost no pressure at the pedal, she was going down to the floor at every stop sign.

I think around here I could get them myself but someone would have to bend them into shape with their special tools (not sure what they use). But then I'd have to flush the lines, make sure I don't break them, and be sure to secure and align them. I'd much rather have someone else do it.

After the brake lines, I'll probably try to fix the driver side window. My dad found a good deal on everything and it should only be like 50 bucks