Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847510 times)

That interior admittedly does look to be in pretty fine condition
It actually is, it just needs to be cleaned and such. Too bad it does need a new radio, it does work but it's extremely glitchy (like the radio is just about to give out) and only plays on one speaker (both work btw). The only downside is all the damn wiring issues, the blinkers don't work. The headlights don't work, the brake or reverse lights don't work, the fan switch doesn't work, and etc. It'll take a day or two to fix the wiring and small issues.

At least this corolla is basically the lowest spec model you could get in '89 which means nearly everything about it is the simplest it can be, so that's a plus. It's also carbureted, hell ye

:c
if itll cheer you up the holy grail of ae92 corollas is for sale in Milwaukee
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5867861174.html
alltrac m8
hot af I want it sooooo much ffs

It was like 30F this morning. I had to jump my fuel injected car with my carbureted car. I thought fuel injection was supposed to make life easier lol.

Of course I haven't had to spend 10+ hours getting the fuel injection just right.

Here's a photo of my dad's old 1965 Ford Mustang before we started ripping it apart restoring it from last year, I don't have many photos saved on my computer for it.

Here's a photo of my dad's old 1965 Ford Mustang before we started ripping it apart restoring it from last year, I don't have many photos saved on my computer for it.

Ford never really has made a good looking car

Holy stuff a classic ford mustang with wheels and a paint job that aren't aftermarket and actually looks good!

Holy stuff a classic ford mustang with wheels and a paint job that aren't aftermarket and actually looks good!

Are those fugly ass wheels factory? It's a loving sight either way. It looks like the body was an afterthought

Are those fugly ass wheels factory? It's a loving sight either way. It looks like the body was an afterthought
Who knows but at least they look good (imo). Much better than 21 inch chromie things with 2 inch thick tires that pretty much everyone does now, ew

Small rims with thick tires on these cars look amazin

Dumb little story, recall on the seatbelts of my moms car and we were given a loaner car, a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's a 100 mile drive from there so I was taking a nap when I woke up to the noise of the engine. My mom likes to rest her hand on the shifter and accidentally put it in "manual" mode and was redlining it. She said "its been doing this for about ten minutes. I can't get past 50."

My mom likes to rest her hand on the shifter ... and was redlining it ... "its been doing this for about ten minutes."
cringe
ffs, good thing it's a loaner

holy stuff I'm cringing just thinking about that. how can you be a full grown adult and not know how to properly use a loving car

no, they're not factory for it's original option. It belongs to a different Mustang my dad owns.

forget mechanical fuel pumps.

So far we've went through 2 mechanical fuel pumps in a row, both broke. The first one actually lasted about half a minute, but this new one which cost 75 bucks that we got TODAY broke after the first 2 seconds of running.

Now we're giving up on mechanical fuel pumps and are gonna buy an aftermarket electric one, seriously forget them.

forget mechanical fuel pumps.

So far we've went through 2 mechanical fuel pumps in a row, both broke. The first one actually lasted about half a minute, but this new one which cost 75 bucks that we got TODAY broke after the first 2 seconds of running.

Now we're giving up on mechanical fuel pumps and are gonna buy an aftermarket electric one, seriously forget them.
That sucks.

That sucks.
ifkr

Having to wait all weekend for the first pump because I love this car, for it to be a tease. Wait another 2 days? It forgets up again.

It's infuriating

ifkr

Having to wait all weekend for the first pump because I love this car, for it to be a tease. Wait another 2 days? It forgets up again.

It's infuriating
You sure its just not pulling a bunch of stuff up through the tank and getting clogged? Kinda weird a new one would just break considering there's not a whole lot to them.