Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847284 times)

You sure its just not pulling a bunch of stuff up through the tank and getting clogged? Kinda weird a new one would just break considering there's not a whole lot to them.
or the tank's stuff.

You sure its just not pulling a bunch of stuff up through the tank and getting clogged? Kinda weird a new one would just break considering there's not a whole lot to them.
Yes, we're running the fuel line from a very clean jerry can inside of the engine bay itself, and the fuel is as perfect as it gets. The fuel pump just works then out of nowhere, not working. Even though we just got it the exact same day and everything about the fuel lines and engine is perfect.

Yes, we're running the fuel line from a very clean jerry can inside of the engine bay itself, and the fuel is as perfect as it gets. The fuel pump just works then out of nowhere, not working. Even though we just got it the exact same day and everything about the fuel lines and engine is perfect.
ah, i see.

In other news i may end up buying a beetle

http://smd.craigslist.org/cto/5853193373.html

It's an autostick car
Marketed as the Volkswagen Automatic Stickshift, the three speed manual transmission was connected to a vacuum-operated automatic clutch. The top of the gear shift was designed to easily depress and activate an electric switch, i.e. when engaged by the drivers hand. When pressed, the switch operated a 12 volt solenoid in turn operating the vacuum clutch, thus disengaging the clutch and allowing shifting between gears. With the driver's hand removed from the gearshift, the clutch would re-engage automatically. The transmission was also equipped with a torque converter, allowing the car to idle in gear, like an automatic. The torque converter was operated by transmission fluid. This would allow the car to stop in any gear and start from a standing stop in any gear.
there's like a 99% I won't buy it but you never know

It's an autostick carthere's like a 99% I won't buy it but you never know
does the autostick and torque con. still work? id be surprised if they did.

does the autostick and torque con. still work? id be surprised if they did.
idek i doubt it

idek i doubt it
its probably not worth buying then. vws are notoriously hard to work on, well at least the new ones are. i had to take my entire loving dash off just to replace the cabin air filter

its probably not worth buying then. vws are notoriously hard to work on, well at least the new ones are. i had to take my entire loving dash off just to replace the cabin air filter

Old Beetles are quite literally some of the most simple cars that can be worked on

all new cars are a pain in the ass to work on because they're only built to last a 60k mile lease term. lease it then cpo it, that's how they make the most money

Despite I never really worked on a car (Besides the Mustang's motor and it's doors), I can say an old car's easier is probably to work on over a new car.

Despite I never really worked on a car (Besides the Mustang's motor and it's doors), I can say an old car's easier is probably to work on over a new car.
this dude is correct

Old Beetles are quite literally some of the most simple cars that can be worked on
youre probably right, theres a reason the old bug was so successful. i just know from experience that the "new beetle" bugs are hell on earth to work on.

youre probably right, theres a reason the old bug was so successful. i just know from experience that the "new beetle" bugs are hell on earth to work on.

My friend has an '01 Beetle that occasionally has issues that I've helped her out with. There's a lot of plastic in the way so not much room to work, but the engine is also really really small so you don't really need a ton of space.

Also @e-maxx she was watching over my shoulder as I went through my snapchat stories and she saw it on yours. She really likes it.

My friend has an '01 Beetle that occasionally has issues that I've helped her out with. There's a lot of plastic in the way so not much room to work, but the engine is also really really small so you don't really need a ton of space.

Also @e-maxx she was watching over my shoulder as I went through my snapchat stories and she saw it on yours. She really likes it.
well that settles it, I'm buying it

well that settles it, I'm buying it
Cool. Now you get people to punch each other from your "Punch buggy".

OK WE FOUND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE FUEL PUMPS

Apparantly we've been forgetting to use this 1/4th inch plastic spacer to mount the fuel pump on and then put the two on the block. We found this piece in the back of the car (on the floor wrapped up in those rugs as shown in the pics I posted a few days ago) and when we put it on, it fit much better and should work perfectly now. Without it, the oval egg thing on the camshaft kept pressing the pump too far and breaking it. With this on, it should prevent it.

Tomorrow we'll be getting a free replacement fuel-pump as well so forget yes

Imagine something like this, but it's a black color and has some insane scratch marks (we had to sand off some JB Weld that the last owner put on for some reason)

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:26:48 PM by Insert Name Here² »