Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847613 times)

Alright so with the toyota there are two ways we can fix it to get it running.

Either A: We buy a carburetor from a junkyard or get our current one rebuilt

Or B: We take the entire EFI assembly off of a fuel injected corolla (The guy we bought the corolla from has a 2nd corolla that's fuel injected, but it's far from running. The entire engine and EFI stuff works, but there is legit nothing else in the engine bay but those) , along with its ECU, and put it in our corolla.

Also yeah the EFI assembly and intake would all be able to fit in. It's literally the exact same engine and parts, just a different intake method. Even the plugs in our corolla match up perfectly with the EFI corolla, which is awesome.

Woo
Oh boy.

Volkswagen Polo, Passat, or Suzuki Swift?

..........or lada niva?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:32:42 PM by Pastrey Crust »

bout to turn the roads into a railway

..........or lada niva?

ford festiva

..........or lada niva?
Subaru Justy

Mitsubishi expo/Eagle Summit/Dodge colt/Plymouth colt

Geo Prizm hatch (Corolla over there probably)

ford festiva
nah, oka lol

or Honestly a niva, they're sweet

do you have these there? I want to import one so bad

u guys should watch a show made my two of my internet friends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Sl1GoJ-mk

i've got a 2001 3.3l dodge grand caravan that wont shift into 3rd

its an automatic transmission

first and second work fine, but it just wont go into 3rd, it revs all the way up in 2nd

as pictured it has a manual option to select 3rd, and when in this option it acts like its in drive, using the first and second gear

since theres no loss of power or noticable mechanical failure im assuming its the transmission control module or solenoid pack not giving the transmission the right signal

does anyone have any other ideas on what this could be?

both of those units are 100 dollars or more to replace, excluding labor, and id like to get the problem right the first time instead of replacing something that already worked

the solenoid pack is a pain in the ass to get to but the TCM is easy, so i'd just do it myself

is there any diagnostic i can do to trace the issue? 

sounds like limp mode, you got a cel? it could be the tcu (unit, module-- whatever), solenoids, shift sensor, or the wiring harness/fuses/connectors. the fact that it still shifts between 1 and 2 tells me the tcu is still doing what it's supposed to; if it were trashed you'd likely be stuck in a single gear

some cars like the 3000gt will go into limp mode with even the slightest change in the electricals. i had a neighbor put LEDs in his 3000gt and he got stuck in limp mode (third gear only for that car), so if you modified anything like that i'd say try reverting it back. otherwise the second best thing to do imo is just look for blown/loose fuses, bad connections, or fried wires. either that or buy a manual and never worry about limp mode again

edit: so i just looked up the differences between a current-gen and second-gen wrx sti and there hasn't been much innovation for an 11-year gap lol: the new one weighs more, handles 0.04g better, makes the same power, and stole its looks from the evo
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:58:06 PM by Zloff »

Bought myself another car

nice pagestretch my dude

nice pagestretch my dude
yikes, I have a 1440p monitor didn't even realize