Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847357 times)

lol I failed my written test for the 2nd time. I need to read the booklet again...
Oh boy.

So to buy a new carburetor for the Toyota would cost 500 bucks and there aren't any rebuild kits for it, forget.

Looks like I'm going to have to hand-clean it myself bois, wish me luck

my cousin bought a '92 cadillac seville touring sedan with a huge jank 4.9L v8 making a whopping 200 hp on a 2 ton 4spd auto car, for $500, and he's acting like it's a pusillanimous individual magnet

i wish he would just save up and buy a decent honda or something for 1.5k instead of buying old stuff american cars that guzzles gas then break down forever 8 months later. it's an unhealthy cycle

Check out my semi new car (bought it 2 months ago)

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/5835521590.html

hefty price for a boosted n/a model, still a rare and cool find anyways

if only I had the down payment for a house laying around, but yeah that's pretty sick

i bet that seat is really nice to sit in

/pun

hello please rate my meme

my cousin bought a '92 cadillac seville touring sedan with a huge jank 4.9L v8 making a whopping 200 hp on a 2 ton 4spd auto car, for $500, and he's acting like it's a pusillanimous individual magnet

i wish he would just save up and buy a decent honda or something for 1.5k instead of buying old stuff american cars that guzzles gas then break down forever 8 months later. it's an unhealthy cycle

I will continue to drive my old ass American cars that guzzle gas but they won't break down lol they just don't. If you buy a stuff car and don't maintain it that's your fault. I will drive my guzzling smog cars past any of your pos euro stuff wagons

Check out my semi new car (bought it 2 months ago)
[imghttps://i.gyazo.com/ac851c6d9fe24ee40ebe0537cf9e8d67.jpg/img]
are those wheels stock? they're pretty sweet

If you buy a stuff car and don't maintain it that's your fault.
that is the problem, he can't turn a wrench to save his life, and it's not like he'll suck up his "car guy" pride and ask me for help. to put things into perspective, he's already talked about converting his $500 sts (his only working vehicle-- his scottsdale's transmission blew and his aries wagon is now his little brother's) from fwd to awd or dropping in an ls1 rather than using the money for preventative maintenance

any vehicle can last for hundreds of thousands of miles so long as you maintain it, but a 2-3 decades-old honda or toyota won't need to be maintained as often as most anything else that is just as old

I will drive my guzzling smog cars past any of your pos euro stuff wagons
good for you?

visited Lamborghini Newport today and took some pixs w friends

lambos are cool and all, but its like the community surrounding them just ruins them for me. Like a video game that is really good but the community is just awful.

episode 3: he brought a friend

episode 4: WHO THE forget IS PUTTING ALL THESE IMPREZAS IN THE PARKING LOT
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 06:06:06 PM by TheKid »

Alright so with the toyota there are two ways we can fix it to get it running.

Either A: We buy a carburetor from a junkyard or get our current one rebuilt

Or B: We take the entire EFI assembly off of a fuel injected corolla (The guy we bought the corolla from has a 2nd corolla that's fuel injected, but it's far from running. The entire engine and EFI stuff works, but there is legit nothing else in the engine bay but those) , along with its ECU, and put it in our corolla.

Also yeah the EFI assembly and intake would all be able to fit in. It's literally the exact same engine and parts, just a different intake method. Even the plugs in our corolla match up perfectly with the EFI corolla, which is awesome.

Woo
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:14:53 PM by Insert Name Here² »

Getting my ride a new Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS stereo for christmas