Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 832148 times)

Hopefully if I get lucky, I will get this car

A Mitsubishi Eclipse, no I would never ruin it with ricer crap, I will keep it original

What is your most desired brand?
bmw/honda if i had to choose

i don't even know what kind of car i want, but i know it'd have to be < $7,000
suggestions?
I mean, a car is a very personal choice. You'll never be happy with your car if you just grab the first thing that works within your budget. Things I would steer away from: cars that have been in accidents, have dilapidated interiors, or are extremely aesthetically unpleasing. The last one is a big one, I know a guy with a PT Cruiser who has to apologize to everyone before he picks them up for his car. Aside from that, the rest is up to you. If you want a burly muscle car, go for a classic Camaro or something. If you want a nice looking car, see if you can pick up an early 2k model car that shipped out on the cheaper side, like a Subaru Impreza. A personal favorite older car of mine is the Nissan 300zx. I think the z31 is cooler looking, but the z32 is pretty cool too (both are 300zx, just depend on model year). Give us some criteria and I'll try to help you.

I mean, a car is a very personal choice. You'll never be happy with your car if you just grab the first thing that works within your budget. Things I would steer away from: cars that have been in accidents, have dilapidated interiors, or are extremely aesthetically unpleasing. The last one is a big one, I know a guy with a PT Cruiser who has to apologize to everyone before he picks them up for his car. Aside from that, the rest is up to you. If you want a burly muscle car, go for a classic Camaro or something. If you want a nice looking car, see if you can pick up an early 2k model car that shipped out on the cheaper side, like a Subaru Impreza. A personal favorite older car of mine is the Nissan 300zx. I think the z31 is cooler looking, but the z32 is pretty cool too (both are 300zx, just depend on model year). Give us some criteria and I'll try to help you.
I'm a piece of stuff at picking cars...
Thanks, these suggestions were exactly what I was looking for! I've just been browsing through cars.com and viewing cars sold close to where I live, and there's a few early-200x model cars that have caught my eye. I tried to show my brother and ask his opinion but he said anything above 100k miles and any bmw car would be stuffty to own and would cost too much to get repaired. Wanted to come here to get more advice.
first car that caught my eye
Basically I'm looking for something that isn't really big like an SUV, isn't brightly-colored, is Automatic, and something that is affordable/looks good. The basics, hahaha
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:00:51 AM by Bahamut »

That car looks good. I think you should get it. Good enough Mileage...
Thanks, I'm still searching but it's definitely on the list :D

I tried to show my brother and ask his opinion but he said anything above 100k miles and any bmw car would be stuffty to own and would cost too much to get repaired.
Is this true or...? I'm not the best with cars

This is my current car:

Once I'm done with college and get another job I'm getting a Nissan 370z and keeping my current car, throwing lights on it, and making it a firefighting vehicle.

My current car

VW Up White special edition, bought new a few months ago for £13000/$21000, 75BHP, 65MPG, free tax, free servicing, all very cheap to run as it's my first car.

Favorite car: Oldsmobile Rocket 88

It can happen! It will happen :\ Rocket 88, 1949, 50, or 51, is my dream car.

I tried to show my brother and ask his opinion but he said anything above 100k miles and any bmw car would be stuffty to own and would cost too much to get repaired. Wanted to come here to get more advice.
Idk what your brother is on about, BMWs are fantastic cars. Extremely reliable. Generally, their engines will keep going after the whole car has disintegrated.. I know multiple people with BMWs whose milage meters are running well past 200k.

first car that caught my eye
Wow, that's actually a great deal. I wouldn't have thought that a car with a clean accident history and only 120k miles on it would sell so cheap, it's kinda hard to believe. If it's completely legit though, tbh that's a car I'd pick. I'm not a huge fan of the 325(x)i, but they're nice cars and plus you get to feel cash when you say you drive a bimmer.

Is this true or...? I'm not the best with cars
Not nessesarily. A Chrysler with 100k miles will probably be crap, were as a Toyota will still probably be running just fine. Also, with German cars, the repairs can be a lot more expensive, but you'll get some awesome quality.

Also, this thread should have been made a long time ago. My favorite car is the Lotus Evora, and then after that a GTR. Hoping to own one of those someday. ;)

-snip-
Pfft. 75BHP? How long does it take to get to sixty? 20 seconds?

Edit: Sowy for double post. :/

Also, this thread should have been made a long time ago. My favorite car is the Lotus Evora, and then after that a GTR. Hoping to own one of those someday. ;)

I'm going for a GT-R when I graduate from college. I'll be 22, so my insurance rates will have dropped, I'll have saved up money from jobs I'll have worked through college, some cash from selling my Z, and a good credit rating. I should be able to pick up a few years old leased one for 50-60 grand, and I'll have hopefully saved 20 grand or so. With my car being sold on top of that, it should be more like 32-35 grand, which leaves 15-28 grand to put on a loan.