Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847162 times)

Yes but that's still almost a quarter of a million miles.
The engine in that vehicles is a 5.9 liter Cummins turbo-diesel.  I know of one such occurrence where the head of one of those engines was removed to replace a head gasket and the crosshatch pattern on the cylinder wall had still not worn away at 400,000 miles.

250,000 is known as "broken in" for these things.

All the big truck names are so weird
Cummins
Powerstroke
Duramax

for Toyotas 250000 is a midlife crCIA mine just topped 285000 if only the body could last as long :C

always use metal similar to what the car is composed on when you can, but bondo will do for spots you cant easily fix. you need to cut the rust spot out, make sure there are no rust edges, then you can start covering it back with bondo. if you leave the rust there or any amount of rust, it will surface in no time.

Alright thanks, noting.

On the topic of mileage my Buick will be hitting 200k in the near future if I end up driving it enough. I'm not in college quite yet and I'll hopefully be driving to work more often so they'll stack quickly.

hmm bentleys

i take it you're on the east side of michigan
northwest

All the big truck names are so weird
Cummins
Powerstroke
Duramax

Those aren't the names of the truck, they are actually engine names.

The Dodge/Ram 2500 and up use an I6 turbo-diesel manufactured by Cummins, and have done so ever since 1989.

The Ford F-250 through F-550 use a V8 turbo-diesel called the Powerstroke, which was made by International/Navistar from 1994 to 2009, but beginning in 2010 Ford began to build their own in-house engine with the name Powerstroke.  From 1994 to 1997 there was a non turbocharged version available.

Chevrolet and GMC use an engine made by Isuzu called the Duramax.  Production began in 2001 and the engine is used in the Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 2500 and up.

All the engines have been through different versions, sometimes even complete clean-sheet redesigns, but they all have one thing in common: they are medium duty turbodiesel engines (except for the early nonturbo Powerstrokes).

The Cummins engine has been used in more than just trucks; it is known to be used in excavators, loaders, bulldozers and other heavy equipment, as well as marine applications.

American turbodiesel engines are actually quite interesting, and aren't always necessarily "evil gas guzzling environment destroying monsters".

fox on the other hand is a hella biased typical GT-R-deifying import lover
what can i say
japanese cars are the bomb

what can i say

Yeah, thanks to America.

We aren't as worthless as you make us out to be.

The engine in that vehicles is a 5.9 liter Cummins turbo-diesel.  I know of one such occurrence where the head of one of those engines was removed to replace a head gasket and the crosshatch pattern on the cylinder wall had still not worn away at 400,000 miles.

250,000 is known as "broken in" for these things.

second

cummins 24 valve (6bt) is superior to both ford and duramax diesels

if I had the money and resources to get to Eugene OR, I would, in a heartbeat
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Other-GL-10-/121704897852?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c562d5d3c&item=121704897852

even has factory tape deck

I just realized its in Michigan, dont know where I saw Eugene, wow, all my money is tied up in the camry though :C
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:13:31 AM by warble »

if I had the money and resources to get to Eugene OR, I would, in a heartbeat
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Other-GL-10-/121704897852?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c562d5d3c&item=121704897852

even has factory tape deck

I just realized its in Michigan, dont know where I saw Eugene, wow, all my money is tied up in the camry though :C
unf im cumming. i'd buy that in a heartbeat if i had 1k.

my car. took some pics. also rode in a 1000hp gtr. pics/video tomorrow im lazy

unf im cumming. i'd buy that in a heartbeat if i had 1k.

Reserve not met

wrx tryin so hard to be an evo nowadays, idc though the general look is great

how did you afford it new though seriously are you like leasing(gasp) or what

northwest
oh that actually makes sense too, lots of richy riches up there around sleeping bear dunes and torch lake and whatever that bay is called iirc it's something uncreative

what can i say
personally i prefer the manufacturer boeing, more specifically their lrv, for both commuting and performance needs

oh that actually makes sense too, lots of richy riches up there around sleeping bear dunes and torch lake and whatever that bay is called iirc it's something uncreative
ya, Little Traverse Bay

wrx tryin so hard to be an evo nowadays, idc though the general look is great

how did you afford it new though seriously are you like leasing(gasp) or what
i sell drugs.