Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 841641 times)

white e36 m3 sedan was a bust - the owner was a liar and a clown and the car wasn't worth even half the asking price

a friend of a friend gave me a great offer of 8.5k on his black e46 m3 vert that he just decided to sell, but knowing him he beat the hell out of the car - and it shows - so i'll pass

checking out a silver-gray e46 325ci (steptronic, facelift) tomorrow b/c my dad found it and liked it so much that he contacted the seller for me. while it is in excellent condition, i'm not too enthusiastic about the 2.5l engine + auto trans

there's a boston green e36 328is vert for sale at a dealership nearby. it's got a dinan carbon fiber CAI and is sitting on some unknown brand of coilovers, but if the po was willing to drop loads of cash on a damn intake i don't think they'd cheap out on the suspension. regardless, if i check it out i'll have a lot of questions about it's maintenance history and a few about the previous owner lmao

white e36 m3 sedan was a bust - the owner was a liar and a clown and the car wasn't worth even half the asking price

What was wrong with it?

the things that bugged me the most: he claimed there was only minor surface rust on both of the driver-side doors, but there were rust bubbles everywhere. There was a DIY tow-hook in the rear. There was a loose-fitting short-ram intake that was tied down with what appeared to be cut-up power cords. The DS2 wheels were plasti-dipped at one point, obvious because there was still some on them. Not at all the "enthusiast-owned" vehicle he described lol

I need opinions of people who are American V8 enthusiasts.

What do you guys suggest for a 375-450 horsepower engine to swap into a Jeep?  Also N/A, turbos are to expensive and forget a supercharger.

Are you seriously asking? Because there's only one extremely reliable high horsepower American V8 that everyone swaps into everything, and it's the LS.

Are you seriously asking? Because there's only one extremely reliable high horsepower American V8 that everyone swaps into everything, and it's the LS.
Im actually looking at an LS right now but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about like a SBC or Ford 5.0.

I saw an rx8 with a ls swap once.
It made me feel very angry.

Saw someone in a small pickup today with a flat tire lose control and crash down into the ditch into the median on the highway. We were close behind him and saw several other people already pulled over, so we didn't stop to check on him. Hope he was OK...

I saw an rx8 with a ls swap once.
It made me feel very angry.
y tho

LS is superior in every way, the rotary has inherent disadvantages that are the reason why Mazda is no longer producing a rotary car.

I need opinions of people who are American V8 enthusiasts.

What do you guys suggest for a 375-450 horsepower engine to swap into a Jeep?

LT1 ftw

LT1 ftw
there are 3 engines produced by GM with the RPO code "LT1".  You're gonna have to be more specific.

there are 3 engines produced by GM with the RPO code "LT1".  You're gonna have to be more specific.

Generation V

broom broom i go really fast

Generation V
itd be nice but I'd rather not have the same amount invested in the motor as I do the rest of the jeep lol

itd be nice but I'd rather not have the same amount invested in the motor as I do the rest of the jeep lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯