Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847015 times)

No one ever asked for help in getting a job :o?
so you're posting just to laugh at me for not having a job? go forget yourself even harder then

so you're posting just to laugh at me for not having a job? go forget yourself even harder then
I never laughed at you? If you took it that way that is on you not me. Just said you can get a job at 16, although I know more than most how difficult that can be.

Just said you can get a job at 16, although I know more than most how difficult that can be.
Maybe don't be such a prick about saying that then?

I never laughed at you? If you took it that way that is on you not me. Just said you can get a job at 16, although I know more than most how difficult that can be.
So are you saying there are people who didn't get a job at 16? lol.
if this didn't seem like laughing at people judging by the amount of people that responded to you for this statement then I'd say it's on you for wording it badly

if this didn't seem like laughing at people judging by the amount of people that responded to you for this statement then I'd say it's on you for wording it badly
Yeah that's not how it works, I said that because you guys were making it seem impossible to have money at the age of 16, as if working wasn't a possibility. No foul intentions intended.

Yeah that's not how it works, I said that because you guys were making it seem impossible to have money at the age of 16, as if working wasn't a possibility. No foul intentions intended.
that's absolutely how it works. maybe you should've worded it in a way that didn't have "lol" at the end of your post

Yeah that's not how it works, I said that because you guys were making it seem impossible to have money at the age of 16

He said he couldn't afford it so ruled out your advice, anything further than that is your problem, not his.

should my first car be my dads bmw suv or should i sell it and buy a cheaper
if you're paying for maintenance def buy something cheaper to maintain, most american or asian manufacturers should be fine

should my first car be my dads bmw suv or should i sell it and buy a cheaper

if it runs well and is road legal then yeah uh sell it and buy  a stuffbox for 300-700 dollars :\ btw get a job lol . :/

it's much cheaper to own a car that's - not only in good condition, therefore gives more sway with insurance companies - already owned by us and has the loving paperwork filled out. are you some rich cunt or something?
pretty bad advice when you go ahead and tell me to uh, buy a really cheap car. unless you legitimately have no idea how that plans out for me it means it's probably going to be super stuff and that I'll have wasted money. you seem to have some idea what kind of condition a car of that price will be in anyway by calling it a stuff box so I may as well ask who in the forget wants to buy a rundown car and why would I feel safe driving it? do you think an insurance company is gonna give me insurance cheap for that? do you think it'll even pass the 2nd MOT I put it through before I have to scrap it? I'll tell you to forget off all I want because you're a god damn idiot

I am not the richest man in the world, I work for Tesco. I do however live extremely frugally which means I am very wise with my money. I own cheap, small engine sized cars as they are cheaper to run, and generally do not break down easily, and when they do go wrong it's a great fun experience of learning which would prepare myself for the future when I have a better job and presumably a better car (which is usually something petty like a wheel baring, or spark plugs for instance).

Honestly, you'll be surprised how cheap car insurance is for these little cars, especially as a learner driver with one of your parents as a named driver.
Also, it depends what you buy. You'd best bet is to go for something German like a VW Lupo because anything German doesn't break easily.

I'm trying to give you advice based on my own previous life experiences involving cars from the past two years.  Experiences in which have been rather favourable, both financially and educationally.

Am I a "rich cunt?" That's quite a subjective question isn't it? Are you implying you believe that cars can be bought for something cheaper than that or something? Eventually you're going to want your own car, so what would you buy? You're going to want something cheap. Of course you'll actually go and see the cars yourself, that's why sites such as gumtree exist.

Also, "Will it even pass it's MOT?". It's always best to check a vehicle's service/MOT history before purchasing it. This can be found here, and all the MOTs from 2006+ are listed. https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Remember BLF, don't be like this guy. Don't be a sheep.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 05:35:48 PM by MunkeyCheez »

I am not the richest man in the world, I work for Tesco. I do however live extremely frugally which means I am very wise with my money. I own cheap, small engine sized cars as they are cheaper to run, and generally do not break down easily, and when they do go wrong it's a great fun experience of learning which would prepare myself for the future when I have a better job and presumably a better car (which is usually something petty like a wheel baring, or spark plugs for instance).

Honestly, you'll be surprised how cheap car insurance is for these little cars, especially as a learner driver with one of your parents as a named driver.
Also, it depends what you buy. You'd best bet is to go for something German like a VW Lupo because anything German doesn't break easily.

I'm trying to give you advice based on my own previous life experiences involving cars from the past two years.  Experiences in which have been rather favourable, both financially and educationally.

Am I a "rich cunt?" That's quite a subjective question isn't it? Are you implying you believe that cars can be bought for something cheaper than that or something? Eventually you're going to want your own car, so what would you buy? You're going to want something cheap. Of course you'll actually go and see the cars yourself, that's why sites such as gumtree exist.

Also, "Will it even pass it's MOT?". It's always best to check a vehicle's service/MOT history before purchasing it. This can be found here, and all the MOTs from 2006+ are listed. https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Remember BLF, don't be like this guy. Don't be a sheep.
literally incapable of reading. do you think I'm rich enough to splash £1000 on something I don't need? I don't have that money right now and it can wait until after I learn to drive. I don't need to explain this stuff to you again because you're supposedly good with money, especially after you said something so embarrassing and cringy like that last statement. are you even aware you're acting stuck up as hell right now?

itt: pretentious forgets talking down on users because "lol u dont have a job yet???? xDDDD"

70 inch bridge, 68 inch wingspan

that literally fits perfectly