Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 845795 times)

stuff story time:

Finally the girlfriend and I got the same day off from work so we decide to try for the beach in RI, which is about 2 1/2 hours away. We're about 15 minutes out from the beach, the sun is shining, its gonna be a great day. I'm traveling on the highway and as we begin to cross a bridge I hear a clunk and metal scraping. I pull over to the side of the road and check the car and my trailing arm near the back left wheel rusted completely through and snapped off and was scraping against the wheel. Well I was already 2.25 hours away from home and only 15 minutes from the beach so I said forget it, and kept driving.

Well, since the trailing arm prevent front and back motion of the wheel, it made braking completely impossible so I had to downshift literally everything. We made it to the beach only for the weather to turn nasty and cold and after only 2 hours decided to head back home.

I made it back, driving on the highway, about 45 minutes away from home when stuff really started hitting the fan. The tire was now rubbing against the rusty wheel well. I pulled off the highway, called AAA and realized it would be $4 for every mile towed so I was like, Im not gonna pay that. I was able to get the car home using back roads.

Anyways, I replaced the trailing arm and bushing for only $75 or so the my 2001 Camry is back in commission but my bumper is about to fall off at any moment and my gas tank is rusting. I just need this thing to survive 2 more years of school.

page 666? sp0000ookY

heres a spooky bug for a spooky page

saw this mr2 sittin around during a picnic

wow it sure looks good aside from a few dents, bet the owners a cool guy

nvm

snap oversteer into pony world

buy any post 2010 midsize sedan and you'll have the exact same experience. theres no difference between a 2010 nissan maxima and a hyundai sonata or chevy malibu or toyota camry. its all the same stuff.

he's right tbh. some cars may be more prone to certain issues than those from other brands but that's nothing 10 minutes of research and asking the owner about any preventative maintenance can't change. if all you need the car is for simple A-to-B transportation on paved roads then it's kind of hard to go wrong with any of the best-sellers

I officially have that "old man/mid life crCIA" look now.

I officially have that "old man/mid life crCIA" look now.

those c5 and c6 corvettes have that midlife crCIA rep in my area.

Smoke the tailights to let everyone know youre under the age 35