why didnt assasins creed touch on slavery like at all

Author Topic: why didnt assasins creed touch on slavery like at all  (Read 2762 times)

you implied that no movie ever made over 1 billion dollars, or atleast thats how you worded it.

only opening weekends count.
for anything.

I mean it wouldn't make sense otherwise. everything earns forever. you can't judge popularity based on an infinite time scale.

and how many of the billion ww2 games have had you capture a prison camp, post holocaust?

you can't just slightly mention something that big so casually. its either vital to the story and is the main point somehow, or its going to be to little and demeaning to be exploited in a video game.
well i mean they kinda did. once at the start where the black dude was like "someone like me cant just waltz into a store and buy something" and again at the end very where it shows black people being sold by a white guy. they really just should have made it a bigger part of the game imo
i think in one of the missions in ac3 you go undercover into a british camp or some stuff and there are slaves that you have to free(?), i havent played in a while so i don't remember that much
those were indians that the british captured

probably because ac3 takes place before the southern colonies were established?
At the end when the british are on ships sailing away Connor sees a white man selling 3 black men/women.

The first (lasting) British colony in the current United States was in the south and all their early colonies were supported by slave labor. On top of that the entire southern coastline was colonized during the time period the game takes place.

wtf who told you that

in the new england colonies, slavery was alot less present because they didnt need slaves as much.
if AC3 took place in virginia, you'd be seein the underground railroad n stuff

but i kinda wish they had some kinda dred scott easter egg side mission

i know, like you cant just leave out a huge part of history.

i mean now that i think of it i dont remember any game thats even had racism in it
Bioshock Infinite I believe shed some light on it.