Cucumberdude is using a script to keep a high playercount.

Author Topic: Cucumberdude is using a script to keep a high playercount.  (Read 9464 times)

yeah, it's been up for days and is still up
its infuriating for legitament hosts trying to get to the #1 spot

OK; give me a few minutes and I find out how long he's been doing this.

you mean
you

you mean
you
Are you implying that it's a bad thing to aim for #1

Anyway, I think it was stupid for him to max out the players. He could've left some spot open so people can actually join, gaining himself legit players.

Are you implying that it's a bad thing to aim for #1

Anyway, I think it was stupid for him to max out the players. He could've left some spot open so people can actually join, gaining himself legit players.
not a bad thing

i just thought it was funny that zalot said it with his halloween thing goin on
"OH WAIT ZALOT HOSTED HIS HALLOWEEN THING"

also apparently his player objects are bugged and stay on the server
but he won't close it down even though no one can get in?

or he's just messing with the playerlist

>Trying to get #1 spot
>No players can join

Sounds like you are just being a little bitch baby because you can't get players.

>Trying to get #1 spot
>No players can join

Sounds like you are just being a little bitch baby because you can't get players.
why can't cucumber just shut down the server?

why can't cucumber just shut down the server?

Because it really isn't an issue?

i noticed the only people who care are the same ones who probably get their egos satisfied by being at the top of the playerlist

I don't really see the appeal in having a popular server anyway

Because it really isn't an issue?
bah

i noticed the only people who care are the same ones who probably get their egos satisfied by being at the top of the playerlist
when has they ever hosted
i mean zalot and bushido hosted but i don't know anyone else who did

I don't really see the appeal in having a popular server anyway
ego-boost

Maybe he's trying to figure out what's going on, so he can fix it, get on and save the build

I was in the server a few days ago before it maxed out, and everything in the server is just spam of all types; I highly doubt the build would be worth saving to him. Anyways, he should just shut the server down IMO just for the sake no one's even in it and all it's doing is dominating the server list 24/7.

There's some suspicions IMO:
>He won't shut it down.
>>Abuse of a glitch for attention?
>>He broke it GameConnection:: himself so he could do this?
>He refuses to do anything.
>>Fake help topic?

ok seriously why does everyone keep making that assumption

there are other reasons to have popular servers

for instance having a constantly topped-off server means that you definitely have enough people for the server to function properly so you can stop making guesses about how x amount of players will react to y server feature and just observe what happens when x players react to y because x players are already here on your server, and maintaining a certain level of fullness means that your server will keep itself topped off and you don't have to maintain xty players

also you can gauge gamemode popularity, get more criticism faster, bugtest faster and (in cases of deathmatches) shoot more dudes because all of those things are functions directly related to the amount of people currently playing your server