☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)

Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120793 times)

Awesome for Hunger Games!

Download link threw me off.
It says "Download off of RTB" which isn't updated to V2 yet so I thought the download link was missing.

Great stuff! I really hope this gets more people to make full out RPGs and not just the same old crap.
May this add-on never die.

I'd love to see what can be made with the new events. Oh, and the RTB download should already be updated to v2, it just hasn't been approved yet.

Yeah, I figured that out while clicking around.

Every time i try to host a game with Item Storage enabled.
still testing as to why. but man does this look epic.  :panda:

Do players still need to download the mod to use it correctly?

Also, are there any VCE variables attached?

I probably won't start on another update for awhile, but if y'all have any ideas for more features/events let me know. So far, I'm planning on adding a gradual save-loading system (to get around the network strings limit) and an undo-transfer event (which will be useful for stores - i.e., if someone tries to take an item from a brick via the GUI, but they don't have enough money to buy that item, it'll reset the item's/items' position back to the brick's inventory).

Every time i try to host a game with Item Storage enabled.
still testing as to why. but man does this look epic.  :panda:
It crashes or the add-on just won't work? do you get any console errors? It might be another add-on causing the issue; try disabling all add-ons except System_ItemStorage and see if that works.

Do players still need to download the mod to use it correctly?

Also, are there any VCE variables attached?
Yes, other players still need to download it for themselves. But, if they don't have it, it'll now send them a message to download the add-on from RTB whenever they try to use Item Storage events. Also, no VCE variables were included for this version.

It is extremely useful and great for reducing server lag. Thanks for this!

Could it be possible to toggle backpack saving? It would be very extremely useful especially for scavenging weapons in a game and when you die, you lose all that stuff in that backpack. Good for corpse looting as well.

It is extremely useful and great for reducing server lag. Thanks for this!
No problem. :)

Could it be possible to toggle backpack saving? It would be very extremely useful especially for scavenging weapons in a game and when you die, you lose all that stuff in that backpack. Good for corpse looting as well.
That's a great idea; I'll try to include that feature in the next update.

Would it be possible to have more than one item in the shop?

Would it be possible to have more than one item in the shop?
Yes; it might be slightly complicated, but you just need to use relays to loop through various item transfer checks. Then, execute the relative ISConditionTrue/False events for that item.

Update: I'll be adding ideas for Version 3 to the OP. I'll try to make event-based stores less complicated in the next update, such as allowing the host to setup costs for each item in the host GUI (for buying and selling items).

When setting up a store, you would only need to setup an input event to check when items are transferred, an output event to buy and or sell the item (altering VCE variables will be handled automatically based on the item costs you setup earlier), then output events to message the player for when they buy and/or sell an item (VCE variables can be added to automatically include the item(s) and it's cost in the message). Thus, what would take 20+ events to account for buying/selling multiple items will now only take around 4.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:36:37 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Alright cool can't wait till the next update then. Also forgot to mention this is a great mod :)