☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)

Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 121052 times)

Yeah, amazing man!

Welcome back (yet again)

Thanks; how can I improve it though?
Backpacks, default items on minigame reset (Possibly events), more event compatability, some sort of chest brick which is a store by default.

Its hard to say what it needs. Its a great mod, but it just isn't practical for what I had hoped to do (RPG like loot?)

Backpacks, default items on minigame reset (Possibly events), more event compatability, some sort of chest brick which is a store by default.

Its hard to say what it needs. Its a great mod, but it just isn't practical for what I had hoped to do (RPG like loot?)

Heh, its funny because I suggested that one post down from where you quoted GCF.

No problem. :)
For now, other players will need to download the add-on themselves to use it on your server. There used to be an option for downloading GUIs from servers; whatever happened to it?
http://www.returntoblockland.com/files/RTB_Documentation.pdf
it's for rtb but is incredibly limited and only works for basic elements

How do I update settings such as the amount of storage bricks I can use?

Nice work! Glad to see your still alive. C:

There was an issue with the item authentication filter, which prevented it from working properly. However, it's been fixed now; please redownload.

Thanks again guys. :) I'll be starting on the next update soon. Here is a list of what I plan to include for it:
  • Add a backpack item (including a toggle option for host) with client GUI, which will seamlessly integrate with other inventory GUIs.
  • Simplify Quick Introduction information. (?)
  • Add an event for setting a brick's inventory when the minigame is reset.
  • Fix MedKit and Medpack issues. (?)
  • Add bot-looting and/or storage option. (?)
  • Increase quota limits (?) (if so, take array size into account for temporarily saving previous save data).
  • Add option in Host Saves and Settings Manager for easily accessing personal saves.

How do I update settings such as the amount of storage bricks I can use?
You can update the settings in the host's Saves and Settings Manger; if you are the server host, you can access this GUI by clicking on the Player Saves button in the main GUI (the one with the brick and player inventories) or by assigning a keybind in Options.

http://www.returntoblockland.com/files/RTB_Documentation.pdf
it's for rtb but is incredibly limited and only works for basic elements
Thanks Swollow, I didn't know RTB supported that. However, I thought I remember seeing an option for downloading GUI files in the Options menu though; I don't know if Badspot was just experimenting with the idea and eventually removed it.

Oh okay, thanks for the suggestions. Backpacks are a given for the next update, and I'll try to include more event-functionality as well.

I really hope bot looting makes it in.

Ghost, you're a genius.

(BTW my example with minigame resets was only an example.  I'm looking for something more like the addItem player event, but for storage bricks.  Sorry for leaving that ambiguous.)

If you can force GUI downloading, I'd say that this mod couldn't get much smoother.  Already polished as is!  :D

Vehicle inventory, anyone?

That would be quite cool. Perhaps you could place C4 in it? or something like ammunation restock vehicles!

Can I limit it to only certain bricks that can be used as item storage

I almost forgot.  Does this work with trust?

Is there a current way to detect when an item is put into the brick/taken out?

Here is a preview of the new inventory GUI, which will be included in the next update (let me know what you think! This way it'll seamlessly integrate with the backpack GUI):

Is there a current way to detect when an item is put into the brick/taken out?
Not with events, currently. I can include it if necessary though.

I almost forgot.  Does this work with trust?
Not yet. Would y'all prefer to prevent other players from creating storage bricks unless they get trust from the host?

Can I limit it to only certain bricks that can be used as item storage
No sorry. Since I'm using the Player target for events, I can't access info about the brick. You can, however, set the Storage Bricks Per Player setting to "0" so that players can only use the bricks that you set up previously.

Ghost, you're a genius.

(BTW my example with minigame resets was only an example.  I'm looking for something more like the addItem player event, but for storage bricks.  Sorry for leaving that ambiguous.)

If you can force GUI downloading, I'd say that this mod couldn't get much smoother.  Already polished as is!  :D
Thanks, and that's okay; I was thinking of making an addItem event exclusive (perhaps only working with minigame input), but I'll consider other options. And the RTB GUI Downloader might be too restrictive, :/ but we'll see.

I really hope bot looting makes it in.
I just realized that you can already store items in bots and vehicles. Perhaps I can improve upon bot and vehicle inventories, however, with restrictions and addItem events later on.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:26:47 PM by [GSF]Ghost »