☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)

Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120993 times)

I just realized that you can already store items in bots and vehicles. Perhaps I can improve upon bot and vehicle inventories, however, with restrictions and addItem events later on.

Wouldn't you be able to loot bots even if they were still alive eventing a bot as it is now? I'd want looting be exclusive to dead bots.
Perhaps give us the option for pickpocket purposes.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:44:17 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Yeah, I thought there was an input option for activating the corpse of a bot in the Event_Bots add-on, but it turns out it only uses the corpse for output.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:25:13 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Ghost! You did it once again! Good job. I would like to see what people do with this.

Wouldn't you be able to loot bots even if they were still alive eventing a bot as it is now? I'd want looting be exclusive to dead bots.
Perhaps give us the option for pickpocket purposes.
OnBotDeath > Corpse > [Inventory event]

OnBotDeath > Corpse > [Inventory event]
Yeah, I thought there was an input option for activating the corpse of a bot in the Event_Bots add-on, but it turns out it only uses the corpse for output.

Well what about chance drops? Items that are added to the Bot on death on a percentage of the chance?

Great work, glad to see a great person like yourself is back.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:45:32 PM by bambooXD »

oh boy, 10/10 glad you finished it :3

Well what about chance drops? Items that are added to the Bot on death on a percentage of the chance?
You can do a VCE diceroll, or use spawnProjectile on a tall brick that hits smaller bricks.

That could work. The main issue with pickpocketing and looting is how to prevent players from accessing a bot's inventory remotely. You could just set player quotas to "0" or set events to admin only, then use backpacks for storage, but I'm not sure if that would be the best solution.

For now however, I'm thinking about including addItem and appendItem events, which will add items to any inventory, including bot inventories. You could then use VCE for the rest, such as using ifRandomDice (as BlockoCrafter suggested) for pickpocketing, using vars to check if a bot's health is "0" before looting, etc.

oh boy, 10/10 glad you finished it :3
:)