☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)

Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120988 times)

For now however, I'm thinking about including addItem and appendItem events
Those sound really cool, I hope you can add an event to detect when an item is put in and taken out too c:

what would be even more neat is if we could store our saved points in them
aka banking that doesnt just stick to items!!1

You should do addToInventory because addItem is already used in another Add-On.

Really looking forward to the backpack option.

This will be personal, and only available for the player to access, right.

Is it possible to event this for a shop inventory?

Very nice work GSF.

I wish clients didn't have to manually download GUIs.

Realistically, a substantial amount of players won't download the client side of this.

Even a broad use add-on that's been around forever like RTB, with all its' momentum is used by maybe 80% of players?

I would estimate that perhaps only ~10-20% of players will download this on servers even when stated necessary.

The only remedy I can see is if this somehow became default.

It's kind of like the client side shader control in-game, where some maps are meant to be played with them on high, creating a fog effect that hides distant objects.

Which can be lifted by turning shaders off, revealing objects meant to be shrowded.

Players who have this GUI client-side would have that 'lifted fog', or in this case access to a whole inventory.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:55:24 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

What about GUI downloading for clients be a default thing anyways.  Or perhaps a line like:

downloadtoclient = 1;  or 0 if you don't want people downloading it.

what would really be cool would be like loot chests for RP's and stuff. like it would randomly select a few items from a set of items and it would be public.

what would really be cool would be like loot chests for RP's and !@#$%^&*. like it would randomly select a few items from a set of items and it would be public.
That's not a bad idea. I'll consider adding an event for placing random items in inventories.

What about GUI downloading for clients be a default thing anyways.  Or perhaps a line like:

downloadtoclient = 1;  or 0 if you don't want people downloading it.
Swollow mentioned that RTB has a GUI downloader, but it's too restrictive. Someone could make an add-on for it though, perhaps with a file inspector prior to downloading.

Very nice work GSF.

I wish clients didn't have to manually download GUIs.

. . .
Thanks Tezuni. And yeah; once I get the updates out, maybe we can request to make it default if y'all want.

Is it possible to event this for a shop inventory?
With the addItem events it could be, I might also try to include a removeItem event.

Really looking forward to the backpack option.

This will be personal, and only available for the player to access, right.
Yes; even if someone steals your backpack item, they won't be able to access your inventory. Just don't try to put the backpack inside of itself...it'll create a paradox. :/

You should do addToInventory because addItem is already used in another Add-On.
Good point; I'm planning on adding IS to the event names to keep them unique and group them in the output list.

Y'all might have to update your .bls saves to apply the changes.

Those sound really cool, I hope you can add an event to detect when an item is put in and taken out too c:
I'll consider it, how could you use it though?

Great for those Adventure Servers.

I'll consider it, how could you use it though?
Well, a player could have an item in their hand like some ore, and a VCE variable could be assigned to it as a number like 7 Ore.
You could then do:
OnItemAdd > Client > VCE_IF_Variable > Ore > >= 1 > [1 3]
On Variable True > Client > VCE_ModVariable > Ore > [Subtract] > [1]
On Variable True > Client > VCE_ModVariable > Gold > [Add] > [5]
On Variable True > Client > ChatMessage > "You sold 1 ore for 5 gold! You now have <var:cl:Gold> gold."
I guess it could work in a lot of different ways, maybe even combining items to unlock doors ect.

You're right, that could be very useful. I'll try to include events for item placement as well (i.e. for a crafting system, etc.).

Fantastic! Thank you so much for this :D

Yes; even if someone steals your backpack item, they won't be able to access your inventory. Just don't try to put the backpack inside of itself...it'll create a paradox. :/

Make it so if you try to put your backpack in your backpack, the player explodes and gets a message stating they just experienced a paradox

lol

Thanks, super useful for my medieval RPG