Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120082 times)

Found a recent Crash Bug.

When you have Kick/Ban on for the Spam Warning, if Host is swapping from Storage Brick to another, the Host is risk of crashing. Can this be fixed so the Host Client does not crash if swapping?

Update: I'm thinking about including an encumbrance option - based on item weight - in version 4 (which will be togglable), as well as a new, larger inventory size. I'm concentrating on my own game for now though, so progress will be slow.

Found a recent Crash Bug.

When you have Kick/Ban on for the Spam Warning, if Host is swapping from Storage Brick to another, the Host is risk of crashing. Can this be fixed so the Host Client does not crash if swapping?
I haven't run into this issue; you mean if you select the kick or ban option for spam, then swap items in the GUI, it crashes the host?

Thanks for fixing these issues, we've needed a good item system like this for a long time and I'm glad you are taking time to work on it. I can't wait for V4 :D

No problem. I'm really looking forward to implementing item-stacking; I already have it pretty much figured out.

Edit: Version 3 has finally been approved on RTB!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:44:42 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Is it possible to make the item stacking dictated by the weapon's script when the item storage mod is present?

Like for instance, if you have the item, and in an item's script you have this:

Code: [Select]
IScanstack = 1;
ISstackmax = 24;
ISstackquantitymax = 6;
ISstackquantitymaxsmall = 1;
ISstackquantitymaxmedium = 2;
ISstackquantitymaxlarge = 4;
ISstackquantitybackpack = 3;
ISstackquantityitemslot = 1;
ISsmallinventorystacking = 1;
ISmediuminventorystacking = 1;
ISlargeinventorystacking = 1;
ISbackpackinventorystacking = 1;
ISitemslotstacking = 1;

Line 0 dictates whether an item can or cannot be stacked.
Line 1 dictates how many items can be stacked maximum.  In this case, a maximum of 24 items can be stacked.
Line 2 dictates how many stacks there can be in total.  If lines 3-7 in this sample aren't defined, then players can set as many stacks of this item wherever they want.
Line 3 dictates how many stacks of this item there can be in a small inventory.
Line 4 dictates how many stacks of this item there can be in a medium inventory.
Line 5 dictates how many stacks of this item there can be in a large inventory.
Line 6 dictates how many stacks of this item there can be in a backpack.
Line 7 dictates how many stacks of this item there can be in a player's default item slots.
Line 8 dictates if this item can be stacked in a small inventory or not.
Line 9 dictates if this item can be stacked in a medium inventory or not.
Line 10 dictates if this item can be stacked in a large inventory or not.
Line 11 dictates if this item can be stacked in a backpack or not.
Line 12 dictates if this item can be stacked in a player's default inventory or not.

Naturally, these lines would be disregarded if the player does not have the inventory mod.  If the item does not have any of these lines of code, then items cannot be stacked and will behave normally.

Sure; that's definitely possible. However, I was thinking of sticking with a universal Item's Manager GUI (posted on the previous page of this topic) for the host. This way, the host will be able to set buy/sell, stack and weight values for items, and the values will be automatically reloaded for future game instances:

I'll also store values in an array - when saved - so that they can still be referenced on dedicated servers. Would that work?

That seems pretty nice.  However, what if the host wants to allow players to compete for price, like say in a City RPG?

Hmm, good point; I guess they would just have to set it up manually. I could allow non-host players to access their own Items Manager GUI, but then they might want to set different prices for different stores...

Edit: Maybe I could make the Items Manager relative to each brick, and once values are saved, they'll be saved as methods to the brick. That way, players will be able to set different item buy and sell values for each brick.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:35:45 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Bump: Item stacking is now working! Items will now be able to be selected by either left or right-clicking. Once a stack of items is selected, you can either select another stack of the same item to merge them into a single stack (depending on the limit set for that item), left click an empty cell to move the entire stack or right click a cell to choose how many you want to transfer. Also, quickly double-clicking a stack will auto-merge all like-items within that inventory.

The host will also be able change the stack limits for items during the game, which has been setup to work on dedicated servers. Changes to item settings are stored in the client-configuration directory, and are automatically reloaded once a server is created. Also, changes/loaded values are sent over the network in incremental strings (taking the network strings limit into consideration), and are stored in a server array to be referenced by server-sided scripts. I'm going to try to have the entire update (including full dedicated server support, the encumbrance system, and other features) done by Christmas, but no promises yet.

It shall be quite epic!

If y'all have any more ideas for events/features to include in v4 let me know; I'll put up a poll to get an idea on what features are most anticipated. Also, would y'all prefer to keep the Blacklisting feature?

The item stacking system looks awesome, i can't wait to try it! Any idea when V4 is going to crawl out from the crypt?

Darn, I can't multi-select in the poll.

The item stacking system looks awesome, i can't wait to try it! Any idea when V4 is going to crawl out from the crypt?
Stacking items is almost as much fun as actually playing the game lol. In terms of release, it's kinda hard to say at this point; depends on how many issues I run into. But, I'm going to try to have it done by Christmas or New Years at the latest.

Darn, I can't multi-select in the poll.
Yeah, I was hoping there would be a checkbox option for polls.

Does anyone use the blacklist option for spam? I'm thinking about removing it for the next update; it makes more sense to at least kick someone from the server if their spamming it, plus making the blacklist feature work with dedicated servers will further delay the update.