Author Topic: anyone do math team?  (Read 6587 times)

haha nerd no shut up and get out math is awesome

i was kinda curious if anyone here does math team with their school, and if so if your school participates in this thing called Interstellar - basically an online math competition between high schools across the nation that then get put into brackets and win/lose matches to advance in their divisions, it's pretty cool stuff.

but yeah, so my school does it and this week we're paired up against a school in Iowa so i figured hey there might be a chance there's someone here that does it too, cause that would be pretty cool and blf bragging rights

anyone?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:01:33 PM by Placid »

haha nerd

really tho no. I don't care for doing math. it's incredibly cool, but it's often very tedious as well

but it's often very tedious as well
thing i like about math team (at least mine) is the math teacher knows what he's doing and knows all these tricks to do stuff faster

Not in math team but I think my schools doing it

also speaking of math lol. I love proportions. I use them for everything possible. percentages, whatever it doesn't matter. if it can be solved like a proportion, by god I'm going to solve it like a proportion

Not in math team but I think my schools doing it
not stalking you or anything but what school do you go to

or at least general area

I used to be in math club in middle school.

not stalking you or anything but what school do you go to

or at least general area

I'll PM it

I was gonna be on the math team at school, but I then made a conscious decision to not get my ass kicked every day.

i tried going to math club

but then algebra

...yeah

I was gonna be on the math team at school, but I then made a conscious decision to not get my ass kicked every day.
haha, my math team is like 10 americans and 40+ asians and i'm not the best at math but i do ok, kinda demoralizing to see them getting perfect scores every time but whatevs

as a side note what the forget i never noticed how close i live to you

ur a fat ap class nerd

How does a math competition play out? I was planning on doing more stuff like this.

I go to school in Iowa, so PM me the school if you know it.

i tried going to math club

but then algebra

...yeah
Algebra is easy, the longer algebra equations may be harder and take longer to understand, just ask the teacher for help.. I mean seriously, math is just copying the teacher, then doing the same thing on different numbers, and different methods for it too..

Just pay attention in math, or in school in general..