Author Topic: praying before you eat  (Read 23150 times)

i'm not christian or religious at all but I feel the compulsive need to thank god for food before i eat it :v

anyone else do stuff like this

Alot of people just do it out of habit.

I do sometimes, but not really.

yea but then I am christian so it's pretty normal

I have a moment of silence usually. I don't pray to a god lol.

I do feel the desire to pray before I eat too. I thank God how tasty He made food and that it's another reason I can know He loves me.

I have a moment of silence usually. I don't pray to a god lol.

i guess you could call it that almost, i usually just close my eyes for a second and think of a prayer. i even did it at school, and sometimes i'd look around first before i did it to make sure no one was paying attention lol

yea but then I am christian so it's pretty normal

so will i still go to heaven since i was saved when i was 7 and i pray every day?

I just sit down and begin eating my food

I've only ever prayed before eating on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc and only because we go to my grandma's and she's religious. I actually don't even know the religious standpoint of my parents.

I only pray when I eat with my family because they're Christian and stuff, and that's fine.

When I'm by myself I just eat the food.

I've only ever prayed before eating on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc and only because we go to my grandma's and she's religious. I actually don't even know the religious standpoint of my parents.

Ya I get that, it being tradition and whatnot. But even after prayers like that I'll take a bite, feel guilty, and then do my own little split-second prayer before I eat anymore lol

I work my ass off 5, sometimes 6 days a week for food. I'm not going to thanks god for that.

so will i still go to heaven since i was saved when i was 7 and i pray every day?
If you want the super strict baptist - 'once saved, always saved,' answer, then yes
If you want the answer that some other denominations say- nop

I really don't know when to take you serously

but anyway if you really were saved yea