National Flags in Chat

Author Topic: National Flags in Chat  (Read 13522 times)

What you're not understanding is that there is no "door", there is no barrier. The internet is an open network and I don't think you quite understand how it works.

This is you: http://www.infobyip.com/ip-24.191.230.68.html

Why do you care if people know you're American, anyway? I'm American. Most of the people here are American. The people that aren't American don't care. Why do you?

ps: The local time listed on your profile also gives you away as East Coast USA/Canada :)
damn, stuffty weather over there coming up

OH WAIT IT'S ALREADY A STORM - A stuffSTORM
badumtiss

I'm 99.178.174.198. I live in Raleigh NC, USA. If you fly over here then I will talk to you about the failings of Torque for an hour.

EDIT: Oh, wait, right. My IP address changed at some point and I'm too lazy to Google it. Ah well, my point is nothing about that is in any way private or hard to access. Hell, just TRY to join my server. You don't even have to actually get a connection. Or have me join your server. Or talk to Ephi. Or Big Bro. Or Kalphiter.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 09:12:28 PM by Xalos »

ip is in the bottom right of posts

what does he have to lose by people knowing he's in the US anyway?

his virginity.

ip is in the bottom right of posts
Only for moderators.
You cannot see other members' IP addresses, and they cannot see yours.

Only for moderators.
it was primarily in response to this specific bit of text
I'm too lazy to Google it.

also yes, i noticed it says "logged" on everyone elses posts

Nothing. I just didn't want that info out in the open like that and somebody put it out because of that.
I know IPs are public. I know anyone at anytime could trace me to get more info on me. The point is that it was posted after I stated I did not want it directly visible.

I don't care that the info is public, I just didn't want it displayed this way.
But whatever. I keep being told that having opinions makes me the starfish here so why bother try and push my side..

it was primarily in response to this specific bit of text

I'm also too lazy to read it. :D

Nah, it's 174.99.74.121. Unless it's not. But it is. But you can't prove it. But it is.

Wait,so demian is finnish?

I don't care that the info is public, I just didn't want it displayed this way.
you don't care if the info is public, but you don't want it displayed.. in public?

okaaaaayyy