Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 439089 times)

I can't believe you included an EULA that is so poorly written lol. It's not a manifesto it's a license agreement

wtf you even weirdly stretched it to fit using ms paint this looks so bad and compressed
why couldnt you just redraw the same squiggly and horrifying characters instead of stretching it like mozarella cheese
by the way WhY dO yOu UsE mS pAiNt

Why
how do I say this

because it's so loving LOW QUALITY GODDAMN

Ugh, here's some tips.
- No intense colours.
- Align your buttons.
- No characters telling you what to do.
- No cutesy language.
- Don't address the audience directly in the instructions.
(instead of "you need to install directx" try "directx is required", much more professional sounding)
- Completely redo the entire game because it's actual stuff condensed in a software
- Seriously consider improving the art and returning to the game in like 6 years

by the way bright loving PRIMARY BLUE IS A VERY INTENSE COLOR THERE'S A REASON IT'S WHAT THE BSOD SCREEN USES please don't use it I your software thank you

ehh why the forget do I bother giving tips when this guy never listens anyways

M'kay off bich
oh wait pomp youre not a south park fan so you dont get the joke HAHAHA

M'kay off bich

when someone tries to help but south park funny moments instead

M'kay off bich

M'kay off bich
lol dude you tell'em zach

M'kay off bich
lol get loving owned

I'm gonna be frank here zach, i'm seriously wondering how you think this is a game
you physically refuse to take any advice from anyone who ever talks to you or criticises your 'game'

i've seen people in my computer science class making more aesthetically pleasing games in visual basic, hell maybe even in loving scratch
and you've got a EULA too? get lost

see the problem is
its good zach
lol dude you tell'em zach
lol get loving owned
he takes these kinds of posts seriously

I'm gonna be frank here zach, i'm seriously wondering how you think this is a game
you physically refuse to take any advice from anyone who ever talks to you or criticises your 'game'
when someone tries to help but south park funny moments instead
wtf you even weirdly stretched it to fit using ms paint this looks so bad and compressed
why couldnt you just redraw the same squiggly and horrifying characters instead of stretching it like mozarella cheese
by the way WhY dO yOu UsE mS pAiNt
and just ignores these

basically his mind filters out anything that isn't praise, and since he can't tell sarcasm (autism, not his fault), he thinks that he's getting actual praise from the people who are joking.

Zach, if you're reading this, stop ignoring posts. Treat people's tips like a checklist of things to improve on.

M'kay off bich
autism unleashed

you should listen to pomp

M'kay off bich
i thought zach was banned
that's all i came here to say

I wanted to fit in here considering this thread is related to my future of depression, so:

https://youtu.be/Z4YZnwx_MMA

This video is my attempt at making something look at least not too mentally deprecating.
I'm using GameMaker: Studio 1.4 to develop this filthy garbage. I don't think it's too bad, but that's my low standards opinion.
My goal here is to at least try to make something as close to commercially viable as I can.

The game, being defined right in the low-budget quality title, is intended to be a battle game.
The video will most likely be updated in the future when I obviously have more to show.

(Also, I promise the game looks significantly less eye killing in actual play and not as a recording.)