Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 433043 times)

That's pretty lame. I'm not familiar with game maker but I have noticed that on other platforms if your bounding box is too complicated you suffer from major collision issues, especially so in Torque 2D. If you are using instance variables and loading new instances that would be why you are losing the power up so I would double check that you are using a global var. Other than that, like Taboo said, Bushido uses gm so just send him a message and maybe he'll look over your code.

I don't know how to utilize global variables exactly, but you did help out with the collision problem. My hitboxes were masking the character sprite exactly, rather than creating an actual "invisible" box.

it looks like a baby terraria golem or something

the free version of Unity finally gaining support for proper shadows
D-did I just read that correctly? Unity Basic now has realtime shadows?

Edit: It appears this is the case, albeit only hard shadows from one directional light. Still, it's better than it was before.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:01:38 AM by BluetoothBoy »

inspired by bushido-kun
oh stuff thats so cool i wish i knew how to make something like that sad face

oh stuff thats so cool i wish i knew how to make something like that
are you trolling or something

are you trolling or something
I always wanted to make my own game. That is impressive for me as I don't know stuff about it

I always wanted to make my own game. That is impressive for me as I don't know stuff about it
It's never too late to learn!

Unity is very user-friendly, with good documentation and a helpful community. It's not the most powerful engine ever, but it's pretty good as a starting point.

Unity is very user-friendly, with good documentation and a helpful community. It's not the most powerful engine ever, but it's pretty good as a starting point.
And now that 4.3 is released, creating starter 2d games is more than easy!

Looking for someone who knows how to make opressive, organ-like music.

I'm making a game that follows the path of a hero similar to Super Ghouls and Ghosts, but with more dimension.

If anyone knows how to make music like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td2GntmcEJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sX3fjpkFwk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0fZhnOgSTg

Or anyone know of software that does this, would be of great help. Thanks a lot guys.

I am watching Love2D tutorials atm, seems very cool so far as I know lua a bit :3

Has anybody here done anything with Spring? It's an RTS engine, the model/texture/animation pipeline is a tad quirky but it seems pretty good, I was able to get models and units into it pretty quickly once I got used to how it works.

Looking for someone who knows how to make opressive, organ-like music.
I just get music off of Newgrounds, as it's all under the creative commons license. Yeah there's often a lot of crud to sort through, but there's some pretty good music artists there too if you look around.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:20:01 PM by jamesster »

And now that 4.3 is released, creating starter 2d games is more than easy!

Thanks for the tips, I wanted to start learning about this stuff and this seems like a great way to start.

Has anybody here done anything with Spring? It's an RTS engine, the model/texture/animation pipeline is a tad quirky but it seems pretty good, I was able to get models and units into it pretty quickly once I got used to how it works.
I just get music off of Newgrounds, as it's all under the creative commons license. Yeah there's often a lot of crud to sort through, but there's some pretty good music artists there too if you look around.

The thing is, I don't want something already made. I want something new, something that I can have my creative influence on.