Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 433060 times)

Yeah what you need most is movement in the upper part of limbs. Lower legs are impressively smooth even though a little weird.

it's always confused me why anyone would make the conscious decision to run an operating system that has no compatibility with anything
For me, it has compatibility with everything that's (to me) important, and alternatives for anything that isn't: Chrome, Skype, Steam, Microsoft Office (LibreOffice), Paint.NET / Photoshop (GIMP), Adobe Illustrator (Inkscape), Microsoft Visual C++ (Geany, Code::Blocks), and so on.

For me, it has compatibility with everything that's (to me) important, and alternatives for anything that isn't: Chrome, Skype, Steam, Microsoft Office (LibreOffice), Paint.NET / Photoshop (GIMP), Adobe Illustrator (Inkscape), Microsoft Visual C++ (Geany, Code::Blocks), and so on.

i thought you told me that C++ or C# couldn't work with linux :(

i thought you told me that C++ or C# couldn't work with linux :(
You never really listened to anything I said, so I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm making a game called Goop in Game Maker.

The game is about a mobile slime who defeats bigger baddies and obtains their essences to use on obstacles and puzzles. This game is kind of like Megaman (where bosses drop upgrades) and Kirby (where abilities and small character size drive the game).

It's a small game right now that only has one room so far.

The character is very simplistic and the game uses the NES palette to color its landscapes.

I made a video of me play testing it, please bear with me because FRAPS DID NOT WANT TO RECORD THE WINDOWED GAME CORRECTLY AND AT PROPER FPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXlkmllscI

Currently need help with collision checking and landing physics. Thanks.

i'm guessing that's sfxr i'm hearing?

neat game, and i think collision can be refixed with some c++, i read up on it at some point but didn't really bookmark it. i recall not being able to find a great solution to it with just gamemaker's tools, anyhow.

i'm guessing that's sfxr i'm hearing?

neat game, and i think collision can be refixed with some c++, i read up on it at some point but didn't really bookmark it. i recall not being able to find a great solution to it with just gamemaker's tools, anyhow.

sfxr is amazing, I love that tool.

Gamemaker is not limited to just it's own prepackaged gui, you can run user-written codes as so long as the software can compute them.

It's been three days since the last post. Here's an updated animation cycle:

After uploading I realized a little more shading work is in order on the torso and shoulders, but this image is here now.

It's been three days since the last post. Here's an updated animation cycle:

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/cec9edfcd3a8377967ff3825f979aa11/tumblr_mwsupyjIm81sidb05o1_100.gif/img]
After uploading I realized a little more shading work is in order on the torso and shoulders, but this image is here now.
That looks much better.

just downloaded unity

hopefully that will encourage productivity in the future

NESjam started yesterday

i only have a vague idea of what to do but whatever it is i'll do the stuff out of it

just downloaded unity

hopefully that will encourage productivity in the future
I've had unity since over a year and never actually got productive with it D:

How to fix lazyness

quick say stuff about unity 2d because i can't find anything more than a 2 part unfinished tutorial series and a subreddit (which i'm about to look into).

quick say stuff about unity 2d because i can't find anything more than a 2 part unfinished tutorial series and a subreddit (which i'm about to look into).
Well it's new so give people time.

has anyone made a torque3d project before?
I'm working on one for fun right now