Music Megathread

Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 202345 times)

I doubt there will be more than a couple people on these forums that might be interested in this sort of thing, but here's my guitar rig.

The amp heads are Peavey 5150 (bottom) and Peavey XXX (top)
The guitar pictured is a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR S. I have another guitar in the shop right now being worked on. Might post a pic of that later.
I use whichever amp I feel like using at the time. Once I get a second 412 cab I will be using both simultaneously.

Signal chain: Guitar>Digitech Whammy> Boss TU-3> MXR Phase 90> Black Arts Toneworks Destroyer> MXR 10 Band EQ> Modded Proco RAT> Boss DD-5> Ditto Looper> Amp

Pedals are powered by 1-spot CS 12 power supply, mounted underneath my pedalboard.
As you can see I have room for a few more pedals.

It is capable of seriously damaging your hearing quite quickly.
It does the job.

-snip-
Pedals are powered by 1-spot CS 12 power supply, mounted underneath my pedalboard.

It does the job.

damn thats some good stuff right there if i do say so myself!!!!
if i played more guitar i wouldenvy you a lot more than i already do

on another note (no dad joke intended) ive been listening to totorro a lot lately. this inspired me to make this short track

https://m.soundcloud.com/dante77/drop-d

I doubt there will be more than a couple people on these forums that might be interested in this sort of thing, but here's my guitar rig.

The amp heads are Peavey 5150 (bottom) and Peavey XXX (top)
The guitar pictured is a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR S. I have another guitar in the shop right now being worked on. Might post a pic of that later.
I use whichever amp I feel like using at the time. Once I get a second 412 cab I will be using both simultaneously.

Signal chain: Guitar>Digitech Whammy> Boss TU-3> MXR Phase 90> Black Arts Toneworks Destroyer> MXR 10 Band EQ> Modded Proco RAT> Boss DD-5> Ditto Looper> Amp

It does the job.
i love the RAT. sick setup

Nice

Just made this. https://soundcloud.com/katadeus/stay-ashore-awhile-more
Coming out of a musical slump maybe.

Try some stuff that isn't rap acapellas. You can essentially put any rap acapella over any track and it'll work. Matching pitch is fun.
DUDE I love this. So glad you made something new. This is getting a repost on both of my accounts.

Something I finished up just now. https://soundcloud.com/chromenoise/gearhead

The 5150 and 6505+ are awesome. I like the characteristics of the 6505+ a little more but they have their similarities.

i just got fl studio
what do i do

Interested in buying a synthesizer. Whats a good brand/model to buy? I know exactly nothing about this area.

i just got fl studio
what do i do
if you don't already know basic music theory absolutely learn that first
otherwise watch some basic tutorials to get the mechanics and program down, and as you fiddle with stuff look at tutorials for more specific stuff. Frankjavcee isn't actually a terrible place to start if you can see past the memes in his older videos

slowly trying out different features of fl
this time i tried the equalizer after one of my friends showed me what it does

Just got approval from WeAreCastor to post this, and I think it's pretty okay: https://soundcloud.com/katadeus/we-are-castor-night

if you don't already know basic music theory absolutely learn that first

Music theory isn't a necessity, it's a nice tool to have, but ultimately your ear is the most important thing to sharpen. You can be the most technically proficient musician in the world, but no one will want to listen to you if your music is dry loving scales and generic harmonies. Music theory should be a tool to get you through pinch spots in composition, it'll let you understand natural progressions and resolutions as well as ways to expand chords into different kinds of arpeggios or runs or whatever. That is, however, not to say someone with a very trained ear can pick those things out naturally without having the vocabulary to explain what they're doing. Music theory is simply music put into words, and the methodology to putting those words into sentences. One doesn't need to be able to write down their stories to be a great story teller.

Music theory isn't a necessity, it's a nice tool to have, but ultimately your ear is the most important thing to sharpen. You can be the most technically proficient musician in the world, but no one will want to listen to you if your music is dry loving scales and generic harmonies. Music theory should be a tool to get you through pinch spots in composition, it'll let you understand natural progressions and resolutions as well as ways to expand chords into different kinds of arpeggios or runs or whatever. That is, however, not to say someone with a very trained ear can pick those things out naturally without having the vocabulary to explain what they're doing. Music theory is simply music put into words, and the methodology to putting those words into sentences. One doesn't need to be able to write down their stories to be a great story teller.
This. I haven't had any music theory. However, if you have no idea what you're doing wrong and things never sound "good," it's your best bet for learning.