Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 200558 times)

Expensive software. For guitar I use a POD UX1 running through a digital guitar amp called Pod Farm. For drums I use Steven Slate Drums 4, using a slightly modified metal preset kit to better suit my needs for sound. It all goes into my DAW, Reaper.

When I actually have a job and stuff, I'll probably move onto digital amplification gear like an AxeFX II or whatever is newest by the time I get it, along with a REALLY nice DAW like Cubase.
*sniff* REAPER's really good... *sniff*

Reaper is nice but the interface feels a little slow. The default plugins also are a little lackluster. Sometimes they glitch hard too, like with ReaVerb (thank god Pod Farm has DAW accessible VST plugins, or I'd never be able to use post process reverb). It's a good lightweight DAW, but it isn't AMAZING by any means.

*sniff* REAPER's really good... *sniff*

i use reaper heh

Expensive software. For guitar I use a POD UX1 running through a digital guitar amp called Pod Farm. For drums I use Steven Slate Drums 4, using a slightly modified metal preset kit to better suit my needs for sound. It all goes into my DAW, Reaper.

When I actually have a job and stuff, I'll probably move onto digital amplification gear like an AxeFX II or whatever is newest by the time I get it, along with a REALLY nice DAW like Cubase.

what do you think about studio drummer? i use that and shreddage 2 cause i dont have a guitar and neither do i know how to play one

what do you think about studio drummer? i use that and shreddage 2 cause i dont have a guitar and neither do i know how to play one

Studio Drummer looks alright. Although, for the price, you aren't getting a whole lot. SSD4 Platinum was $150 as well and you get a MULTITUDE of kits, not just three. In addition to swappable kit pieces via the 10 GB library of samples. All the kits were recorded at all, if not most, levels of velocity (e.g. light tapping of the snare sound, light taps of cymbals, etc); I do not know if Studio Drummer has that as well, but it looks like it would.

Reaper is nice but the interface feels a little slow. The default plugins also are a little lackluster. Sometimes they glitch hard too, like with ReaVerb (thank god Pod Farm has DAW accessible VST plugins, or I'd never be able to use post process reverb). It's a good lightweight DAW, but it isn't AMAZING by any means.
I has the potential to be great though, just many people (including myself) don't know how to utilize its more "special features".

But I agree, it's definitely not the most heavyweight DAW out there.

Studio Drummer looks alright. Although, for the price, you aren't getting a whole lot. SSD4 Platinum was $150 as well and you get a MULTITUDE of kits, not just three. In addition to swappable kit pieces via the 10 GB library of samples. All the kits were recorded at all, if not most, levels of velocity (e.g. light tapping of the snare sound, light taps of cymbals, etc); I do not know if Studio Drummer has that as well, but it looks like it would.
You guys should check out Addictive Drums if you haven't already. I only use the demo version (had about 20 kits and a few minor limits), but the paid version is much more extensive. It sounds really nice too.

oh im gonna try those. studio drummer does have the velocity levels thing, but im not happy with the sound, although it might be the fact that i dont know how to mix them or something but i want that awesome sound they use in metal songs and my drums sound all bland and lame

A.P.X. - Clock

Kind of a deadmau5 sound to it.

i'm working on a thing
http://psarius.tumblr.com/post/93943587417
Love it.

Finished a new track. Argon
Found some nice strings, and horns for this.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:43:04 PM by A.P.X. »

https://soundcloud.com/ghille556/void-of-the-youth
i don't know what to do with this aaaaaaaaaaaa

Also I should probably actually start adding artists to the OP, who wants to be added?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:45:38 AM by Ghille »

https://soundcloud.com/ghille556/void-of-the-youth
i don't know what to do with this aaaaaaaaaaaa

Also I should probably actually start adding artists to the OP, who wants to be added?

meplz

all three of you were added.