Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 201702 times)

Why is this just the "Music Megathread" now?

Beats me

Seriously though I think I like this thread name better.

Nothing, if you force it you'll end up making bad stuff.
this guy knows, yeah the melodies just come 2 u

Raw Preview (WIP)

Not sure if im gonna keep the design, but its something.

Beats me

Seriously though I think I like this thread name better.
YOUR PUNS DON'T BOSE A THREAT TO ME

Why is this just the "Music Megathread" now?
Old title just sounded handicapped.

Raw Preview (WIP)

Not sure if im gonna keep the design, but its something.
Please keep. I don't normally even listen to electro, but this is great. I need it to be complete. (O_O)

Please keep. I don't normally even listen to electro, but this is great. I need it to be complete. (O_O)

Yeah, il keep it but make it a full track too.

Also, i signed the Music Megathread up as a sponsor on Mr.LoL's World Cup server.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52243862/Sleep%20Well.mp3

No idea what I did wrong, but I really need to get rid of this clipping, fast.

wat do?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52243862/Sleep%20Well.mp3

No idea what I did wrong, but I really need to get rid of this clipping, fast.

wat do?
limiter or turn your compression down
from what I hear there isn't much so you could just turn your volume down

Thing to do when clipping occurs:

- Use a limiter
- Don't necessarily turn down compression, but vary the gain levels and threshold. Adjust up or down as needed.
- Just turn down the volume.
- Cut out unnecessary frequencies by EQing the individual tracks. It helps here to have a visual EQ so you can see what needs to change. Once those frequencies are gone, you can up the volume a bit because now those other frequencies aren't using up any of the amplitude on your waveform.

I generally render my tracks at no more than +1.0 dB, and no less than -1.0 dB max. Then I pull it into Audacity, use Hard Clipper to remove 2 or 3 dB from the top, and then use amplify to bring the track back up to 0.0 dB. This evens out the loudness throughout the track while making it as loud as possible with what I've got. I've found that slightly clipping (~+1.5 dB) is ok sometimes (usually only in short, sharp hits and such), but things like SoundCloud make it sound like crap anyway.

Double post! This track'll be coming soon to Audioland 003, along with tracks by our very own Mango and YoungRotations! :D

Overclocked [Preview]

Double post! This track'll be coming soon to Audioland 003, along with tracks by our very own Mango and YoungRotations! :D

Overclocked [Preview]
I love this

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:01:34 PM by synthesispandabot »