Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 200188 times)

I posted my stuff here a lot and I still haven't been added yet ???

New gay song I made
https://soundcloud.com/zanaran/this-was-going-to-be-chill-music

And my profile
https://soundcloud.com/zanaran
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:34:19 AM by Zanaran2 »

eugh my composing has just gone nowhere and i'm supposed to be doing a request for jarelash and eughghghghghg

How do you guys motivate yourself to work and get ideas?

I just play stuff on my guitar and if something sounds cool I try and use it. :\

I just play stuff on my keyboard and if something sounds cool I translate it into famitracker

I just richard around with SNES samples in OpenMPT and if something sounds cool I try and use it.

I guess 48000 is the sweet spot for exporting out of DAW and uploading to soundcloud. So far, no artifacts.

I guess 48000 is the sweet spot for exporting out of DAW and uploading to soundcloud. So far, no artifacts.

I've always used 44.1 kHz. Never had any artifacting problem. The quality "increase" is imperceptible too.

I've always used 44.1 kHz. Never had any artifacting problem. The quality "increase" is imperceptible too.
Clock (48000)
Clock (44100)

Now try, at around 45 seconds, you can truly hear the difference.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:33:56 PM by A.P.X. »

I still hear no difference, and I have speakers that are close to audio monitors.

Now try, at around 45 seconds, you can truly hear the difference.
I even looked at the spectrograms (that basically shows all the frequencies of the audio) at that moment and they're identical minus any artifacting from the moderately low-quality mp3 version that soundcloud streams to you. Either it's a problem on your end or what you're hearing comes from the mp3 artifacts.

I even looked at the spectrograms (that basically shows all the frequencies of the audio) at that moment and they're identical minus any artifacting from the moderately low-quality mp3 version that soundcloud streams to you. Either it's a problem on your end or what you're hearing comes from the mp3 artifacts.
If your theory is correct, it should sound exactly the same as 48000, and 44100 if you combine the two.

There is definitely a difference between the two wave forms 48000/44100

Also, here is two 44100 tracks combined 44100/44100

It is like when two instruments are out of tune, they oscillate and create distortion, since the 44100 is not identical in frequency to 48000 is sounds distorted.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:12:55 PM by A.P.X. »