Author Topic: Super Creeper - Mr. Wallet's hit survival gamemode is back!  (Read 24044 times)

- What is it? -
Super Creeper is a survival gamemode based off Mr. Wallet's old Creeper Mod, which was released when we still had version numbers. The premise is simple - avoid the huge, purple mass that is trying to cover the map.

- Gameplay -
The new, improved mod is still under heavy development and riddled with bugs; it lacks gun models and maps, and some gamemodes are disabled right now due to being work in progress. Despite this, it is still in a very playable state.

The game uses a cyclic map system so that gameplay never gets boring - each map has different settings, a different layout, a different theme and a different gamemode, which could be:
- Man Vs Creeper (Erradicate the creeper without dying. Players will use their own /shop CreepKill weapons.)
- Creepageddon (Survive together until the timer runs out or one person is left - requires a big map to be fun)
- Rising Creeper (Creepageddon with Push Brooms! Players will be allowed other competitive weapons via /shop)
- Erradication (Man Vs Creeper but respawning is allowed - creeper wins if not eraddicated after time limit)
- Karoshi (Everyone gets Creeper Planter, the objective is to cover enough map as quickly as possible. It won't kill)
- Outbreak (Erradication but this time the creeper needs to spread a certain distance. Time limit causes a player win.)
- That Bastard (Someone invisible gets a Creeper Planter and Creeper Immunity. He has to kill everyone without being shot.)

- Screenshots -

- What's Working/What Isn't -
Last Updated: 18th November, 2013
Mod Version: dev7

- Man Vs Creeper is working.
- Erradication is working.
- Creepageddon is working.
- Per-Map settings are working.
- Weaker/Stronger CreepKills are working. (no models)
- Map Cycling is working.
- Creeper-related events are working.
- /shop is working.
- Item/Score saving is working.

- Rising Creeper isn't. (but is next on the list)
- Karoshi isn't.
- Outbreak isn't. (but is next on the list too)
- That Bastard isn't. (and won't for a while)
- Anti-Creeper grenades aren't. (too abusable - ask for a demo when I'm on the server)
- Creeper Planters aren't.

- Map List -
Last Updated: 24th November, 2013
- The Lab by me, Bit and Kenko (Man VS Creeper)
- Abandoned Metro donated by Nal and added to by me and ANT (Man VS Creeper)
- Super Reactor donated by blueblur121 (Man VS Creeper)
- Sorting Office donated by Kobble (Man VS Creeper)
- The Vault donated by TheArmyGuy (Man VS Creeper)
- Biochemy donated by GhostStar (Man VS Creeper)

- The Server -
It's the same server that was used to host Super Prop Hunt. RTB is awesome for hosting things like this, and cheap on top of that - we don't plan on changing our hosting provider any time soon.

- Donations -
We do not take money as donations. We do however take builds - if you wish to make us a map (for release with the Super Creeper gamemode) you can download the devkit here. (It will allow you to place the bricks and items) as well as an example map here.

Please make sure you read the readme and understand how map config files work.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:12:59 AM by chrisbot6 »

omfg I remember this
I sucked richard at it

When will the server be up?

When will the server be up?

Soon.

I'm rigging some default maps to work with it for the time being. Also, I think I found a way to get Creepageddon to work, so we'll have a map for that as well.

I can help with sounds, as per usual, if you needed any. For the guns, since they aren't actual guns and they shoot those anti-creeper bullets, they should have some added gooshy sound to them, or something.

Please tell me this will be released

Seems pretty forgetin' cool.

Chrisbot what is your obsession with yourself? Whenever you get a mod and add a few changes, it's now Chrisbot6's SUPER [mod name]. Whenever you take a mod and just change it without hosting, it's just Chrisbot6's [mod name]. You create servers called Chrisbot6's [SERVER NAME], I can't help but notice everything is "yours". I mean I understand that you want credit, but it seems you want all the credit for these things. I would like the creeper mod back, but without the "Super" and Chrisbot6 stuff added in, just the classic mod (It was broken for me every time).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:54:16 PM by Alphadin »

Why don't you just call it Chrisbot6's Creeper?

Chrisbot what is your obsession with yourself? Whenever you get a mod and add a few changes, it's now Chrisbot6's SUPER [mod name]. Whenever you take a mod and just change it without hosting, it's just Chrisbot6's [mod name]. You create servers called Chrisbot6's [SERVER NAME], I can't help but notice everything is "yours". I mean I understand that you want credit, but it seems you want all the credit for these things. I would like the creeper mod back, but without the "Super" and Chrisbot6 stuff added in, just the classic mod (It was broken for me every time).
Why don't you just call it Chrisbot6's Creeper?
When I release this stuff it won't have my name in front. The Chrisbot6's here refers to how the server appears on the list.

And "minor"? A "few changes"? I'm trying to add 6 new items, a shop system, a map cycling script, some AI fixes and some additions, all while holding off the bugs and flaws that the original mod had. I've removed some prefs and added new ones. If you want the original Creeper, I can get it working in a standard GameMode right now but under the new system it's garbage, especially with that stupid playertype system that as far as I can tell had no point whatsoever and the /newcreepgame thing on top of it. I had to wrestle with the spawn replacement code for 2 hours to get it to forget where the spawns in the previous map were. I then had to spend another hour making sure that the creeper bricks didn't accidentally clear themselves if you reset the minigame without doing anything.

I don't make "Super" things just to make myself look good. I intended to release Super Prop Hunt because I thought people would be happy about the additions and fixes I'd made to something I thought was completely abandoned; but I'm still happy with the result I got: Zapk waking up and doing all that to the original himself, as well as making better changes than I did in mine. I started this up instead because I didn't want to copy him. I also intend to release this, as a gamemode, fully featured and as you'll probably be extremely glad to hear free of all "Chrisbot6's" prefixes. Just Super Creeper.

I am not the narcissist you two think me to be. And if you're thinking about bringing Renderman up, the fact that I prefixed those with "Chrisbot6's" was nothing to do with credit. It was because I was afraid of my mods and unfinished ideas being stolen. I don't do it any more. Chrisbot6's Trains is only named Chrisbot6's Trains in the topic and that's because it's a Modification Discussion topic and I was hoping for people to notice my name.

I didn't even think about it when I did it here. I just did. I've got rid of it now.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:08:27 AM by chrisbot6 »

When I release this stuff it won't have my name in front. The Chrisbot6's here refers to how the server appears on the list. You know, like Zapk's Rising Lava? Hmm?

And "minor"? A "few changes"? I'm trying to add 6 new items, a shop system, a map cycling script, some AI fixes and some additions, all while holding off the bugs and flaws that the original mod had. I've removed some prefs and added new ones. If you want the original Creeper, I can get it working in a standard GameMode right now but under the new system it's garbage. I had to wrestle with the spawn replacement code for 2 hours to get it to forget where the spawns in the previous map were. I then had to spend another hour making sure that the creeper bricks didn't accidentally clear themselves if you reset the minigame without doing anything.

Jesus christ. I don't make "Super" things just to make myself look good. I intended to release Super Prop Hunt because I thought people would be happy about the additions and fixes I'd made to something I thought was completely abandoned; but I'm still happy with the result I got: Zapk waking up and doing all that to the original himself, as well as making better changes than I did in mine. I started this up instead because I didn't want to copy him. I also intend to release this, as a gamemode, fully featured and as you'll probably be extremely glad to hear free of all "Chrisbot6's" prefixes. Super Prop Hunt. How's that?

I picked up and old, brilliant gamemode that doesn't work properly any more and fixed it, while adding plenty of things and adding to my own knowledge of code in the process. That is what I did. Port and Bushido did the same thing with Murder Mystery to create Super Murder Mystery.

I am not the narcissist you two seem to really want me to be. And if you're thinking about bringing Renderman up, the fact that I prefixed those with "Chrisbot6's" was nothing to do with credit. It was because I was afraid of my mods and unfinished ideas being stolen. I don't do it any more. Chrisbot6's Trains is only named Chrisbot6's Trains in the topic and that's because it's a Modification Discussion topic and I was hoping for people to notice my name.

I didn't even think about it when I did it here. I just did. And now it's gone. Thanks for pointing it out.

jesus man chill out
you look super over-defensive when you give a 3 paragraph response to someone's small comment