Ravencroft's 2v2 Basketball Tournament (Applications are OPEN!)

Author Topic: Ravencroft's 2v2 Basketball Tournament (Applications are OPEN!)  (Read 8140 times)

Logo made by Wound

Brought to you and hosted by...

News:
The Basketball Arena is almost complete! That means signups will be announced within the next couple weeks! Stay tuned for more information.

Application: (Team applications are now being accepted!)
Team Application:
In Game Name:
BLID:
Teammate(s) and their BLIDs: (You are now allowed to have one sub)
Team Name:
Team Color:
Basketball Experience:
Did you read the entire topic thoroughly?:
Do you understand the rules?:
Will you and your teammate(s) be dedicated to the tourney and promise show up to your games?:
NOTE: Failure to show up to your game without notifying me will result in you being blacklisted from all future tournaments.

Teams: (7 slots left)
Nigerian Cunts: Betelgeuse BLID 12368 and You BLID 29056

Schedule:
None yet...

Bracket:
None yet...

About:
Ravencroft's 2v2 Basketball Tournament is arguably Blockland's most successful tournaments. In fact, it is one of the only successful tournaments in Blockland history. It has been hosted a total of four times over the past year with an amazing outcome every time. Large crowds of 40+ people are in attendance for almost every game. The anticipation for the tournament is always high. Now for the details on the tournament and what to know going into it...This tournament features a total of 8 teams competing in a single-elimination bracket style format, which means if you win you move on and if you lose you are eliminated. The bracket consists of three rounds. The first round totals 8 teams, the second round totals 4 teams and the third round is the championship between the 2 remaining teams. The championship will consist of a best of 3 game series, which means your team must win 2 out of 3 games against the opposing team to be crowned champions. To sign up for this tournament, you must have a group of 2 or 3 people and fill out the application in the "Application" section of the topic when available. The application allows you to make a creative team name and color. There's only 8 team slots available per tournament, so you must be quick when making a team, as it is a first come first serve format. Start thinking about who will be on your team and be ready to sign up when applications open! Also if you have any other questions regarding the tournament, please contact me over PM or add me on RTB. My Blockland ID is 10130.

Rules:
• Players must have a basic knowledge of the sport and be available at specific times. If you can not make it to your game, let me know ASAP and I will consider changing the game to a new date or time. Failure to show up to your game will get you removed from the tournament, and possibly even blacklisted from future tournaments depending on the situation.
• Each game consists of 4 quarters. Each quarter is 5 minutes in length. There will be a 5 minute intermission after the 2nd quarter, also known as halftime. If the game game is tied at the end of regulation, the teams will enter into a 5 minute overtime period. If they are still tied at the end of that overtime period, they will enter another overtime period and continue on until one team wins. A game will never end in a tie.
• Sometimes teams need a moment to regroup or come up with a new game plan. This is where timeouts come into play. Each team will get 3 timeouts. Each timeout will be exactly 1 minute long, and game play will resume at the end of that timeout. Unlike real life basketball, you can call a timeout at any point in the game rather than only being able to call timeouts when your team is on offense.
• Game scoring will be based off real life basketball scoring. Scoring a basket within the arcing white line counts as a 2-pointer. Scoring a basket outside the arcing white line counts as a 3-pointer. Free throws are 1 point for each made free throw.
• After a someone scores, or the ball goes out of bounds, the team with the ball must pass the ball in to their teammate.
• Fouls/Penalties will play a large part in keeping the games organized. Every foul or penalty committed will result in 2 free throws for the opposing team, usually resulting in an easy 2 points. Sometimes players may commit a technical foul. A technical foul is a serious offence in a game and with it comes consequences.  A technical foul will result in the opposing team shooting 2 free throws alone. That team also gets the ball after shooting those free throws. If a player commits 2 technical fouls, they will be automatically removed from the game, forcing their teammate to play alone. Read the list of fouls/penalties in the below section.
• Players are allowed to confront an official while the clock is stopped and ask for clarification of a certain call, such as a foul, ruling, or basket. Players are not allowed to argue or complain about a call.

Fouls/Penalties:
Normal Fouls: (Will result in the opposing team shooting 2 free throws.)
• Stealing the ball before the half court line. This includes passes. You are allowed to steal the ball before half court within 5 seconds left in the period.
• Shooting the ball before the half court line. You are allowed to shoot the ball before half court within 5 seconds left in the period.
Technical fouls: (Will result in the opposing team shooting 2 free throws and getting the ball back. 2 technical fouls results in an automatic removal from the game.)
• Arguing with the official about a foul, ruling, or basket.
• Talking in all caps because your are angry.
• Raging in the middle of the game.
• Protesting by causing a delay in the game.
• Spiking the ball against the floor making it bounce really high.
• Throwing the ball across the court for no reason whatsoever.
Special Fouls/Penalties:
• Goaltending, or obstructing a shot before it goes in will result in an automatic made shot for the opposing team.
• A delay of game penalty can be called by a ref if he/she feels you are delaying it purposely. This will result in the opposing team being given possession of the ball.

Tips n' Tricks:
• Left Click to shoot the ball
• Right click to pass the ball
• The basketball item is edited so that you cannot make a shot using right click, or the pass command.
• Practice often. The more consistently you practice, the better you will be. It will also help you become more familiar with your teammate.
• Be fast and confuse your opponents. You must be quick to prevent the ball from being stolen from you. Coming up with moves, such as spin moves and shot fakes will help you create separation from the defender and give you a better chance of making a basket.
• Come up with a set of unique plays that will help you and your teammate stay on the same page. Creating and executing plays is often the key to success. Also make sure to practice these plays.
• Come extra early to your games. Showing up early and practicing right before the game will help you prepare for the upcoming game.

Referees:
Ravencroft BLID 10130 - Head referee/Controller
Kickflow BLID 27944 - Referee
Whirlwind BLID 8429 - Backup referee/Backup controller
Jakob BLID 14941 - Backup referee

Past Champions:
• Pablo and Dwyane Wade, March 2013
• WALDO and Kickflow, April 2013
Robot Records: WALDO and Kingston, July 2013
Nigerian Cunts: Belelgeuse and You, September 2013

Sponsors:
CBMHost - No topic available...

SPO - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=223812.0

BLUEPRINT - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=245455.0

Pablo's LEGO Clan - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=240254.0

Zay's Chiptune Music Clan - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=211963.0

BCE - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=219845.0

Gallery:
Coming soon!

Blacklist:
(People on the blacklist are indefinitely banned from future tournaments.)

Credits:
Ravencroft - Building, Eventing
The Brighter Dark - Building
Whirlwind - Eventing
WALDO - Basketball item edit, arena sounds and music loops.
Cowboy6 and Mango - Sponsorship and CBMHost Dedicated Hosting Service
Wound - Topic logo
Jakob - Clan sponsorship
Pass - Clan sponsorship
Pablo - Clan Sponsorship
Zay - Clan Sponsorship
Darkstride - Clan Sponsorship

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:24:27 PM by Ravencroƒt »

ok so
you need to record these. like, have one person recording the whole court, stationary, just showing the whole thing. have another person following the action, (either stationary but looking around, or mobile and following around) as well as the ball specifically. then, edit these two video streams together so one is on top of the other, synced.

boom, loveyness.

Yeah I wish. I've had 10+ people offer to record for me and noone has ever shown up to the games to record them. Actually, there was one person but he ended up never editing the video. It sucks because the games are so exciting too.

damn you could literally have a client and server sided mod that tracks the ball and simply locks onto it
an aimbot for the video guy, if you will.

have you ever considered/tried 3v3?

Would be in a team but I wouldn't really have the time to play on the tournaments. Will pictures of the new court be in the OP?

Also, the OP looks nice!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:01:10 PM by Bacon Pancakes »

damn you could literally have a client and server sided mod that tracks the ball and simply locks onto it
an aimbot for the video guy, if you will.

have you ever considered/tried 3v3?
I actually play 3v3 games a lot when we're just practicing and have 6+ people, but it would be near impossible to get 6 people on the server all at the same time. It's hard getting all 4 people to show up to their game let alone 6.
Would be in a team but I wouldn't really have the time to play on the tournaments. Will pictures of the new court be in the OP

Also, the OP looks nice!
The pictures of the new court will be added when it's 100% completed.

I'll gladly referee the games again this tournament, I just don't know if I'll be able to make all the games.

Yeah I wish. I've had 10+ people offer to record for me and noone has ever shown up to the games to record them. Actually, there was one person but he ended up never editing the video. It sucks because the games are so exciting too.
I still have one video but like you said I didn't do anything to it.

I'd probably only record this next tournament to compile game highlights into a video.

Would be in a team but I wouldn't really have the time to play on the tournaments. Will pictures of the new court be in the OP?

Also, the OP looks nice!

Preview Pics

Can't wait until the sign ups are here!

Arena is nearly complete. All I have to do is finish the control room and Integrate the new scoreboards.

I'm also integrating the VIP system. All tournament competitors will be granted free access to VIP room 1.

VIP rooms 2 and 3 will be reserved for people who donate. You can donate $5 via paypal and be given unlimited access to those two rooms the ENTIRE tournament.

VIP room 4 will be reserved for close friends of mine.

Also people can reserve private parties for one of the VIP rooms of their choice for free if there are slots available. The reservation lasts for one round of the tournament. PM me with your name and ID as well as at least 4 other friends' names and IDs to reserve a room.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:29:35 PM by Ravencroƒt »