Author Topic: 2013/12/01 - Blockland r1908  (Read 59053 times)

What's this corner humping?

Basically by repeatedly jumping up against ledges of bricks at different positions and angles sometimes you'll jump up one of them. It's easist to do against a corner, obviously.

Basically by repeatedly jumping up against ledges of bricks at different positions and angles sometimes you'll jump up one of them. It's easist to do against a corner, obviously.
Oh that, i didn't know that was the term people used for that though

I believe it's more commonly known as corner jumping

removing corner humping would make the ninja challenge unbeatable, iirc there's a segment in there where you take advantage of corner humping

removing corner humping would make the ninja challenge unbeatable, iirc there's a segment in there where you take advantage of corner humping
instead of not leaving a bug unfixed to cater to a select few builds, the bug should get fixed and those builds should be changed to not rely on bug abusing.

instead of not leaving a bug unfixed to cater to a select few builds, the bug should get fixed and those builds should be changed to not rely on bug abusing.
you've got a point actually, there's not many builds that rely on this bug

you've got a point actually, there's not many builds that rely on this bug
the manliest challenges do though

It's less of a glitch and more of a fun oddity that can add a new level of skill to gameplay if used right. I see it being used all the time.

It's less of a glitch and more of a fun oddity that can add a new level of skill to gameplay if used right. I see it being used all the time.
it's also a pain in the ass exploit that adds a new level of annoyance when you don't want players glitching up walls.

this shouldn't be allowed. if its that big of a helpful feature for challenges, make it a pref or something, because it's certainly not a "fun oddity" in a lot of other situations.

There's a reason me, SubPixel, and Heed are against it.

We make things. Things where we don't want people to wiggle up a wall to gain unfair advantage, or break the server's intended mechanics.

Now go back to Gunz.

the ones who say they like corner jumping, go make a map that is meant to have natural boundaries that players can't get over, then come back and say you still want corner jumping

the ones who say they like corner jumping, go make a map that is meant to have natural boundaries that players can't get over, then come back and say you still want corner jumping
lol really another account?
ahaha