Author Topic: The Marines finally called me.  (Read 19896 times)

I don't see what the big deal is. If his girl doesn't work out then he has plenty of time to sign back up, up to the age of 28 iirc.

You'd probably end up like the guy on jarhead if you've only met her 7 times

I don't see what the big deal is. If his girl doesn't work out then he has plenty of time to sign back up, up to the age of 28 iirc.

This ^

I plan to go in later if stuff happens. The Marines were a backup plan for me. Not my choice of career. However I do love the Marines very much and my wall is covered in Marine, Air Force, and National Guard stuff.

whynotboth.jpg

lol

You'd probably end up like the guy on jarhead if you've only met her 7 times

Absolutely not. She is faithful to me no matter what as I am faithful to her. :)

lol You've already got a long distance relationship without meeting her many times. This is just moving you a little further away.

lol You've already got a long distance relationship without meeting her many times. This is just moving you a little further away.

Two and a half hours and thousands of miles is a big difference. LOL

lmao it's not like we plan to be this way forever.

I mean, I can see your point, but I feel more through emotions than physically. But within a couple more years we'll be living together. :D

But she is my dream. I was joining the Marines because I had nothing back then. Yes, I've only met her seven times, but I don't think like most people do. Neither does she, so it works out fine.

By "physical", we aren't saying that you guys need to be touching each other 24/7 and having love. It makes a relationship stronger when you can feel the person that you love next to you, emotionally AND physically. It's not like we're saying that when you're with her physically, you completely forget the emotional side of it.

plus physically living with someone is probably pretty difficult

though I dont know from personal experience obviously

misread title as "Marines finally caught me"

lol
Denseland forums.
but thats too hawrd, so qq
you're not joining to defend your country you forget.

you're just as selfish as anyone else,
I'm not going to sit here and try to convince a bunch of you bricks to believe something else.
(I'm going to assume you meant pricks)
the sheep that most of you are,

Awesome, want to calm the forget down now.

Seriously, you literally just came into this topic and starting insulting and belittling people for no reason. In the beginning nobody even insulted you, you just acted like an ass. Back off.

also, you said awhile back that the primary reason for you joining the military was for the money.
you're not joining to defend your country you forget.

you're just as selfish as anyone else, and guess what? thats okay. its natural.
Now, to me it seems you are implying people should not be paid for risking their lives. I'm in fire and EMS, I want to help people but I want to get paid as well. Does that make me a bad person. Wanting to be paid for going into dangerous areas. Everyone has a job to get money.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:27:19 PM by Destroyer »

marines suck rooster dude. they're strong infantry people but that's all really, even then the rangers and seals are much cooler. if you wanna deal with technology, like harm said, join the airforce. and if you asked me, I would definitely advise against joining any branch for the band. pretty sure the pay is stuff, plus you have to go through all that bootcamp bull just for that? no thanks. get a music degree and join a nice symphony or something

but on another note, don't give up a dream for anybody
WAT

Marines pretty much do everything. They fly, they're infantry, and sometimes they're stationed at sea.

the chairforce has nothing on the Marines C:

my brother got a call from the marines once and he hung up on them

my brother isn't very bright

wait i just read you met her 7 times...
go for the marines

WAT

Marines pretty much do everything. They fly, they're infantry, and sometimes they're stationed at sea.

the chairforce has nothing on the Marines C:
fly off of navy carriers and are on navy ships and their name comes from the navy