Get rid of cache.db

Author Topic: Get rid of cache.db  (Read 966 times)

before the launcher update (V15?) Blockland worked all fine for me and many others who use osx versions 10.6 or <.

After the launcher update, the downloads form all servers are written in a cache.db file instead of the addons folder (i think). And this is where all the problems began occuring, Random crashes, Sqlite errors and MUCH trouble loading addons with different versions that you have currently installed.

There is some existing solutions for the crashes and sqlite errors, Like deleting cache.db or making it "read-write" over and over again.

But none of these is an actual solution to these problems.
Even tough the cache file is faster to download for the sake of mac players, please do it the old way.

get a windows machine
poof, all those nasty compatibility errors are gone

I do own a PC.
I just dont use it as much to play games as the computer is old and slow.

get a windows machine
poof, all those nasty compatibility errors are gone
The game is labelled as MAC compatible and therefore should be MAC compatible.

Situation: A really useful feature is not working right on a specific machine.
Solution: Remove the feature!!1

What I did when I played on a mac was to just frequently make a copy of cache.db, and whenever this happened, I'd replace the new one with my copy. I know this isn't an actual solution, but it beats having to redownload all the files when you join a server.

it is Mac compatible, it just has issues because the game isn't made primarily for Macs. would you rather it not work on Mac OS at all?

Mac compatibility is a miracle, really, getting it to work perfectly would be way more trouble than it'd be worth.

Mac compatibility is a miracle, really, getting it to work perfectly would be way more trouble than it'd be worth.

It did work perfectly before the implementation of cache.db

It did work perfectly before the implementation of cache.db
Situation: A really useful feature is not working right on a specific machine.
Solution: Remove the feature!!1

The solution is not to remove cache.db, obviously. And I have never heard of someone having problems with cache.db on a mac.

The solution is not to remove cache.db, obviously. And I have never heard of someone having problems with cache.db on a mac.
even when I had a 10.6.8 mac it didn't forget up like this.

I don't get Mac users.
Why pay 300% more for a machine you can't upgrade?
It's eventually going to be a functioning paper weight.

Id take this to Help if I were you OP.

Final Cut Pro is nice, but that's really all I can think of as a reason to use one, and that's why you'd use a VM or something.
An absurdly high display is the only other slightly legitimate reason I hear, but why? Nothing even supports that unless it's something made by maccigarettes for maccigarettes, turning it into a self-sustaining circlejerk.

The problem with the cache.db on macs are that they never trust blockland writing anything large into cache.db.

Its quite dumb that you cant bypass this security thingy even with terminal commands.

Cache.db is about 3x faster than downloading shapes to your add-ons folder. Removing something this useful because 1% of people's machines doesn't like it is counter intuitive.