Poll

[holder poll, doesn't count for anything] Pick a favorite website

Drunk Ron Swanson
This is Why I'm Broke

Author Topic: CityMod  (Read 22937 times)

the genius of the year award goes tooo

vaux.

vaux.

l m a o

anyways for the poll you should use the same GUI menu
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:18:55 PM by Dionysusan »

Poll closed, We don't have any more polls for the moment, but because you guys have helped give us so much feedback, I figure I can give you guys a small sneak peek of what's to come

Thus far the planning of the city has been difficult, most notably because the roads vary in size from 64x96 all the way down to 16x16. What I've been thinking is that the most important thing to have done would be the rich city area (which is what that image is) and the poorer area (aka the ghetto, not setup yet). It's also worth pointing out that the sand you see there is 64x64, and comes in two layers. This way, we'll be able to have beach props/property and have a more realistic drop off with the sand/ocean. Because I don't wanna give away too much information and ruin ALL of the surprises, I'm gonna leave it there, but you guys can expect more progress throughout the weekend and the following week!

Keep in mind that, that would be 1st degree murder, which then could potentially earn you 24 REAL hours in jail at minimum, as well as a fine and then a criminal record.

But that's only if you get caught...

Keep in mind that, that would be 1st degree murder, which then could potentially earn you 24 REAL hours in jail at minimum, as well as a fine and then a criminal record.

But that's only if you get caught...
actually it's a life sentence iirc

actually it's a life sentence iirc
emphasis on minimum. If the player has a good enough lawyer aka insurance, they may get out of a life sentence and only be forced into prison for 3-4 days or something.

Just an example/concept though.

lawyer
insurance
I don't see how either of these would be implemented (vaux noar I ever spoke about these afaik)

Simple
Just like each player has 3 (primary) skills, and they own a car under their client (keep in mind the GUI we discussed today) my reasoning is you can pay $x as an up-front fee and $x each day/week/month to keep the lawyer. The lowest tier lawyer is supplied for you, free of charge, by the state. You have a 5% chance of lowered charged. The lowest tier purchased lawyer is 10%, all the way up to 45% deduction possibility

This means there's no need for a judge, jury or lawyer, while still having the functionality of one: bob might go to jail for 3 years, but because john had a great lawyer he only gets 9 months

I have no idea how much lower the charges should go though. I just think it would be neat to be able to get out of a crime for less, especially if you're going to go into a criminal lifestyle, like robbing and car jacking

I have an idea for a skill, but I think its either too difficult to implement in BL, or impossible to implement. How about shooting skills? You can't just pick up a gun and instantly become a marksman in real life. Level up a shooting skill to reduce spread for that class of gun(Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle/Submachine Gun)?

I have an idea for a skill, but I think its either too difficult to implement in BL, or impossible to implement. How about shooting skills? You can't just pick up a gun and instantly become a marksman in real life. Level up a shooting skill to reduce spread for that class of gun(Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle/Submachine Gun)?

thats actually a pretty simple but slightly tedious implementation. i could do it.

Actually the first time I picked up a rifle I got 9/10 shots on the bullseye at 50 yards, and then 6/10 at 100 yards away. But I see what you mean, you do definitely gain proficiency with them.

All of that said, I think that would be a minor skill as opposed to a major skill. Like, "athletic" would allow you to sprint and that's a major skill, but "steady hands" is a minor skill that you can adapt/level up without having to lose one of your three skills.
I honestly don't know that much about the mod, that's Brian and Vaux's ballpark. I just do the building / PR

tht'd be easy.

i could do it.
You're funny Dionysus.

vaux.
Oh bb you shouldn't have, but I guess since I'm presented with the award I might as well accept it.
I'd like to dedicate this great achievement to my- oh wait you were being sarcastic..

I had that if(true) in for quick testing purposes but i neglected/forgot to remove it :p

We will have a scaling EXP-like system for stuff such as this.

IF you want to donate DOGE Coin, you can send it to DQB8HDQR4KTMbTQUTaTCpN5zbsk7qfSmYT and for every 4k (~$5) you will be given one hat, and if you send >10k (~$11) you can participate in early beta.