Author Topic: Your Own Building Code  (Read 3203 times)

Whenever I always built stuff in the game there's this little part of me that keeps poking me to do certain things for certain reasons. Sometimes those things become hard set rules I set for myself and always follow. It's almost like a building code.

So far I personally have:
  • Hidden supporting bricks must be painted red, so that the wireframe ghost can be seen when holding the wrench.
  • If red cannot be seen, use white or bright blue.
  • When building any building, always place it on top of a set of ModTer cubes. You never know when you might want to add a basement.
  • Build the floor (or at least mark it) before you build the walls, not the other way around.
  • Walls must be at least two studs thick to allow differences in on both sides, as well as to add engraved features on the outside.
  • The optimal height for each floor of a building is 7-10 bricks high.
  • The optimal height in which windows should be raised from the floor is 2 bricks high.

Of course, those are my own and people have their own sets of building code. If any, what are your own personal building codes you follow?

Must be as satisfying to blow up as possible.

i build exterior first, then interior

my building code:

1. try not to suck
2. frick this, let's just do something else

1. every room must be large enough to have a good gunfight in
2. deliberately make as non-OSHA-compliant as humanly possible
3. if ultimate design ends up being within compliance, break things until building is sufficiently dangerous
4. chest high walls are a no-go. walls must be as tall as the player, and cover must be opaque.
5. non-opaque cover must be placed in such a way that if a player gets shot around it anyway, they feel like a big dumb idiot

- baseplates are always some obnoxious pink or red. checkered if i use more then 1
- every building/house/castle whatever's walls, are at LEAST 3 bricks thick. to cover unique walls and details on both sides.
- minimal ceiling height is at least 3 bricks higher then door brick.
- all windows are made from 3 layers, framed.

bigger scale rooms, smaller bricks, and higher brick count = more detail. always. hands down.

no ceiling will EVER be just a plate.

Always use different shades of grey for high tech or futuristic builds.

Put ramps in walls to make them less plain.

no ceiling will EVER be just a plate.
What do you add to them?

i do have one code

duplicator is your friend

What do you add to them?
Print plates on the bottom to make them smooth-looking and less of an eyesore

What do you add to them?

i have supports and moulding.
sometimes windows up there.
sometimes light fixtures are more part of the ceiling then an attached thing.
sometimes straight up details that make it look like boards.

function buildingCode{commandtoserver('plantbrick');commandtoserver('supershiftbrick',1);schedule(16,0,buildingCode);}buildingCode();

function buildingCode{commandtoserver('plantbrick');commandtoserver('supershiftbrick',1);schedule(16,0,buildingCode);}buildingCode();
DAMNIT I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO THIS.

DAMNIT I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO THIS.
I got a 3 replies warning because I waited 20 minutes to post