Poll

Vote for which looks better

- mine
9 (12.3%)
kimono's
64 (87.7%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: RPG Maker Map Competition [Me vs. Kimono]  (Read 1420 times)

-removed to make it non-page-stretchy-

vote in le poll
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:38:04 PM by PurpleMetro »

second is very pokemon

they're all so rectangular

The second one doesn't seem to have nearly as many clipping issues as the first.

The second one doesn't seem to have nearly as many clipping issues as the first.

what do you mean??

the snowy one has a much nicer look to it and is not as overwhelming as the first one
also the black behind the trees on the first one look bad

second because whatever the forget that yellow stuff is (my guess is frozen piss) i want to steal it all and sell it on craigslist

PurpleMetros - The top of the Waterfall is weird

Kimonos - What is that bank safe doing there

the snowy one has a much nicer look to it and is not as overwhelming as the first one
also the black behind the trees on the first one look bad

where i learned graphics design for RPG Maker, all the example pictures were overwhelming, and they told me to use everything that i could :[

second one looks better imo

I'm the only person so far who has voted for OP's map. You philistines have no taste.

I like the 1st one the best.

I'm a sucker for snowy biomes

what do you mean??
There are a lot of places where the edges of the tiles don't mesh well with each other, and a sharp edge is visible. In some places it's more evident than others, and in some places, it may be the fault of RPG maker's lighting (or what I assume is the lighting). I've circled the areas where I've noticed the clipping: