Author Topic: Authentication Problem  (Read 3661 times)

I just messed around with my firewall settings and unblocked Blockland. That doesn't seem to be the problem, though. I will text my grandpa later and ask him to delete Blockland off his computer to see if that helps
That isn't the issue. If your key got deactivated for moving from place to place too quickly (this won't happen, it only happens when it's moving thousands of miles in extremely short periods), then you would get a message saying 'Inactive Key'. Your issue is that Blockland cannot communicate to the internet for one reason or another, and we think it's most likely the firewall. We still want you to try just fully disabling the firewall.

If your backup key is not working either, your grandpa has nothing to do with it.

That isn't the issue. If your key got deactivated for moving from place to place too quickly (this won't happen, it only happens when it's moving thousands of miles in extremely short periods), then you would get a message saying 'Inactive Key'.
Actually, it would first say "Full version unlocked!" because the local key checking function decides it is a valid combination, then it sends it to the auth server, which sends back that it is disabled by using one of many possible error messages, such as "ID does not exist", and when that reply arrives at your blockland it will change the message to the error.

I don't have hi-speed so it might just be a bad connection. However, it has never done this before and I have had my internet for over a year.

yea i have rlly nice internet and its being balls slow me me as well

I turned off avast!'s shields and put ZoneAlarm on snooze and it didn't work.

I've messed with all my network options and they don't do anything. Does anyone have other ideas? Blockland support never answers anyone so their isn't much point in e-mailing them

Double post: When I try to connect the game to rtb in the gui a thing pops up and says "Authentication failed for ID 10541."

Did you sign up for "Blockland Gold" lately? That was a scam.

Did you sign up for "Blockland Gold" lately? That was a scam.
No, I haven't given my key to anyone or signed up for anything. At first I thought it was just an IP conflict but my grandpa deleted the game off his PC so I should be signed out. My alt key and my brother's two keys aren't working though so that isn't the problem. I have a Verizon WiFi thing that I use for my internet and I have never had problems like this. I read a bunch of ancient help topics about the same thing and tried all the tips but they didn't work

You said that none of your keys are working?

You said that none of your keys are working?
Out of the four that have been registered on my PC none of them work

I just logged Blockland into Steam, it doesn't work there either.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't use BL online at all until I figure this out.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't use BL online at all until I figure this out.
Any other computers in the house you could try?