Author Topic: Authentication Problem  (Read 3652 times)

So I was at my grandparents house this week and came home lastnight. I, of course, had missed Blockland and downloaded it on their computer. I think I may have left my key signed in at their house (220+ miles away) so I am guessing that is why mine isn't working. I tried my backup key though but that doesn't seem to be working either.  I know my 51k ID was the only one I used there so why isn't my backup working (10k)?

Ideas?

Ideas?
If you want Help, try posting in the Help forum where people go to get Help with things they need Help with from people who Help them because it is a forum dedicated to Helping people.

Click this link to go to the Help forum: Help.

If you can't tell yet this belongs in help

I don't blame him for posting this in general discussion.

Nobody helps the people in help if you haven't noticed.

bullstuff, myself and several others post in the help thread.

Most likely a firewall blocking it.

you're just pissy cause you aren't following our advice.
So I was at my grandparents house this week and came home lastnight. I, of course, had missed Blockland and downloaded it on their computer. I think I may have left my key signed in at their house (220+ miles away) so I am guessing that is why mine isn't working. I tried my backup key though but that doesn't seem to be working either.  I know my 51k ID was the only one I used there so why isn't my backup working (10k)?

Ideas?
apparently the master server is down again, I guess thanks to another dos... I guess your best bet is to double check a firewall isnt' blocking it, and then try again in a bit?

Yeah, it might not be a good idea to disable my firewall. When I turn on the game it says it is authenticating my key but it won't connect to rtb. The server list comes up but I obviously can't join anything.

You aren't supposed to disable your firewall, but give it an exception in what ever it is.

You aren't supposed to disable your firewall, but give it an exception in what ever it is.
if he disables it and the game works properly, then we can worry about adding exceptions.

if the program still doesn't work, it isn't the firewall and we don't have to worry about it. disabling a firewall is usually just a checkbox on/off, adding an exception is... what, 3 menus, typing, finding a file... screw that, let's not if we don't have too, eh?

Is there anything else I can do with the master server to get it to authenticate my key? I type in my key and it says the full version is unlocked but then won't connect.

Or could it just be a problem with rtb?

Is there anything else I can do with the master server to get it to authenticate my key? I type in my key and it says the full version is unlocked but then won't connect.
Most likely the issue is that your firewall is blocking Blockland from connecting to the internet. As long as that is happening, there is no workaround, you have to allow Blockland through your firewall (We suggested disabling the firewall completely just to test and see if the problem was in fact caused by the firewall)

I just messed around with my firewall settings and unblocked Blockland. That doesn't seem to be the problem, though. I will text my grandpa later and ask him to delete Blockland off his computer to see if that helps