Author Topic: Bones' guitar damage and restoration  (Read 4836 times)

i misread the title as "bones' brain damage" and i thought it was extra funny because he was in the air force

but i mean damn how loaded were your parents to get you a $1200 guitar at 16? :x

Idk but my dad's friend was totes cool enough to just send me a $1k guitar when I was around 15. And my dad gave me his old Ovation acoustic when I was 16, which the model's MSRP was around $1k too. A decent guitar is gonna land around that price, so you generally get what you pay for. $1200 isn't a whole lot compared to other guitars out there, but frankly I'd spend $1200 on a custom Carvin DC800.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:26:04 AM by ShadowsfeaR »

Furdle, I've addressed that

My dad had a really good guitar that he sold for $700. Cream worn Fender Strat.

My dad had a really good guitar that he sold for $700. Cream worn Fender Strat.
You don't see a lot of Fenders nowadays. I am one of very few people I know who own one. Most people I know have Ibanez and they all play metal.

Single Coils cut through the mix a lot better than humbuckers do though.

Lel Ibanez. Low balling it I guess. Only a few good Ibby models.

Lel Ibanez. Low balling it I guess. Only a few good Ibby models.
If I were to get a metal guitar it would probably be a Jackson, That's just me.

Or I'd just build it myself.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:40:09 PM by dorkdotdan »

If I had the money, I'd get Skervesen to build me a kickass guitar. Load 'em with Bare Knuckle Pickups. If I had a $1k limit, I'd get another Schecter.

Do they make you sleep on a 4 ft long block of cheap foam in the Air Force or what?

I may as well upgrade the hardware. I'mma do a coil tap system.

Get a Pegasus for the Neck and a Nazgul for the bridge.

Nope I lied, pretty sure those are actives.

I don't prefer the sound of actives. I'm not above modding it, but it's just not my thing.

I don't prefer the sound of actives. I'm not above modding it, but it's just not my thing.

Nah I just forgot Gibsons were passives until I saw the 500k pot and lack of battery.

Always judge a guitar by its sound and playability over its appearance. (As long as the sound of this guitar wasn't damaged as well, in your case)
you would buy the best sounding guitar in existence even if it was hot pink, shaped like a snake, and called you a friend every ten minutes?

you would buy the best sounding guitar in existence even if it was hot pink, shaped like a snake, and called you a friend every ten minutes?

well if it called you a friend it wouldn't sound that great