Author Topic: Textures - Reaching Home <Guitar & Bass Cover>  (Read 323 times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oac30ZpGs0

So this is my second full length song cover. I decided to do some pseudo-mixing, where I basically recorded the guitars two times to make it sound like there's two guitarists, plus it gives it a much fuller sound. I was actually able to lower the real song's volume down low enough so it's still obviously audible, but my instruments come through a lot more. My guitar tone is causing some "latency" issues with any of the staccato sections, which makes it seem like its out of beat, but the gate/compression in my signal chain is probably causing the choppiness (gotta fix that up later :\ ). This is also the first time I've recorded bass/done a bass cover.

pretty swegging song dawg

gave u a liek bb ;)

Nice video, good job syncing the audio and stuff.
I would have made that guitar riff on the little e a lot more shredly. Try tapping or something.

I would have made that guitar riff on the little e a lot more shredly. Try tapping or something.

I didn't take very many artistic liberties here. I like the song because it grooves so well, and adding "shreddy" stuff would kind of break the feel of it. I had contemplated doing a solo kind of during the power chord break part, but I decided against it because it would clash with the vocals.

Nah, its pretty much the song as is. The actual riff sounds really nice when put in the context of the song, and shredding would break the mood as Shadow said