Author Topic: https://thedaywefightback.org - more internet protesting  (Read 5586 times)

We went YEARS without knowing about the NSA. There were never any issues involving it so why do people care so much if our government has this information? It's not like they're releasing information on people to public.

Also invading someone's piracy is immoral.

Piracy is immoral in the first place  :cookieMonster:

Dam auto correct lol
Meant to say privacy

It's not like the government has a recent history of loving around with the private information they collect from people.

Oh, didn't realize you decided what's moral and immoral.
I'm sure I could find a large group of people who think you're immoral for wanting to forget animals.
idk what you're trying to say, but just fyi, morality doesn't concern what anyone wants to do
Point is taking out investigations against innocents without any reasonable cause was one of the things the people who made this country wanted to prevent. Also invading someone's piracy is immoral.
that awkward moment when they don't do the first thing at all, and only the second when they're looking for evidence
you're whining about the government trying to prevent crime
it's no different than a normal investigation besides the fact that it's digital. if you so badly don't want anyone to know what you're doing, don't use the internet, because the government is not at all the only thing that keeps track of people

We went YEARS without knowing about the NSA. There were never any issues involving it so why do people care so much if our government has this information? It's not like they're releasing information on people to public.
How do you know they haven't been using the information to blackmail key political figures or businessmen? That's what I would consider an issue, wouldn't you?

Of course we haven't heard of any issues until now, that's the nature of a secret security firm. Ignorance is no safety net, it's just ignorance.

Does anyone here actually know the stuff the government did back during the Cold War and during the Iraq War? Do you really want a government like that having the possibility of knowing every single thing you do online?

How do you know they haven't been using the information to blackmail key political figures or businessmen? That's what I would consider an issue, wouldn't you?

Of course we haven't heard of any issues until now, that's the nature of a secret security firm. Ignorance is no safety net, it's just ignorance.
In that case I'd rather be ignorant about it than be aware of it.

Does anyone here actually know the stuff the government did back during the Cold War and during the Iraq War? Do you really want a government like that having the possibility of knowing every single thing you do online?
yes
it doesn't matter
they're not going to look at anything I'm doing unless I'm being suspicious, and if I'm being suspicious, chances are I'm doing illegal things, and in that case I would deserve to be caught
it's not like they're going to send you to jail for not breaking the law

yes
it doesn't matter
they're not going to look at anything I'm doing unless I'm being suspicious, and if I'm being suspicious, chances are I'm doing illegal things, and in that case I would deserve to be caught
it's not like they're going to send you to jail for not breaking the law
topkek
you do realize who creates and enforces laws right?

In that case I'd rather be ignorant about it than be aware of it.
The difference between the wolf and the sheep.

yes
it doesn't matter
they're not going to look at anything I'm doing unless I'm being suspicious, and if I'm being suspicious, chances are I'm doing illegal things, and in that case I would deserve to be caught
it's not like they're going to send you to jail for not breaking the law
So you would consider watching research as suspicious? Have you read anything about the program to use the research viewing habits of high ranking officials to manipulate them? Do you consider this a noble and just cause?

yes
it doesn't matter
they're not going to look at anything I'm doing unless I'm being suspicious, and if I'm being suspicious, chances are I'm doing illegal things, and in that case I would deserve to be caught
it's not like they're going to send you to jail for not breaking the law
So what you're saying is the American government is and will never be the least bit corrupt.

cool story bro

my point with the executions and genocide argument was basically that all the bad things governments have done throughout history have pretty much been made possible by the apathy of people like you

yes
it doesn't matter
they're not going to look at anything I'm doing unless I'm being suspicious, and if I'm being suspicious, chances are I'm doing illegal things, and in that case I would deserve to be caught
it's not like they're going to send you to jail for not breaking the law
I laughed, you're basically implying government is not corrupt in this post.

I laughed, you're basically implying government is not corrupt in this post.
Why is that any more humorous than your wish to be completely ignorant to it?

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."