Poll

Should there be more star clusters then the 1 we have now?

Yes
No
I don't partcipate in Interstellar Tensions but I still vote because I'm a friend

Author Topic: Interstellar Tensions - Futuristic Nation RP  (Read 29588 times)

I suppose.  Birds could perhaps have very hand-like feet, but this would limit them.  Perhaps they made it to a point where automatons did it for them, idk, but you chose birds, soooo...

Titan Corp executive steps forward at a Soverinian demonstration program.

"Hello, y'all.  I am here from Promethian Security Systems to present a new product!  It's a brand-new power core unit with a very high energy potential.  The guys in ingineering call it the Alpha Cells or something.  These will be able to be inserted into things to power them, like loading a mag into a gun.  Just insert, pull the chord, causing the contents to blend, and then fire away.  Recommended to use within 5 days of activation.  Some *cough* unusual *cough* properties cause it to...  uh...  Well, just don't pull the chord without expending the energy within 5 days after.  Recycle.  You don't want the contents leaking into the environment."

The executive hands his briefcase to two a sovern and a draddian, both wearing lab coats and safety goggles.  The sovern sets another briefcase on the table, a larger one, and opens it, revealing an unusual prototype weapon.

"Oh, in case none of you were at the 11 O'Clock demonstration, this is a prototype handheld railgun.  The footage is available at our stand near base camp."

The sovern holds up the gun for all to see, and a slight murmur spreads across the crowd.  The Draddian inspects a cyan cylinder with a chord attached, and then nods to the Sovern, who puts the gun out.  The Draddian inserts the cell, and pulls the chord.  Power readings read full.  The Draddian goes back to the larger case and pulls out a magazine of railgun shells, and inserts it below the gun while the Sovern looks off toward a nearby mountain.

A holographic display flickers to life to the left, showing a classic red and white circular target on top of a mountain.

"This is a life feed from the mountain.  Since this is such a small target, we provided some laser designation."

The Sovern inspects the gun, flips a switch on the gun, causing it to hum, and points it toward the mountain.

He fires.  The target on the mountain explodes within 2 seconds, and the feed plays a loud blast noise and shows the mountain sinking below to reveal a complete view of the sky, then returning to static.

The engineer displays the gun readings to a camera, and the feed shows:

Power at 90% capacity.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:02:05 AM by SWAT One »

The General is obviously pleased with his product and immediately buys a lot of it.

The pods hatch, revealing a very strange creature. It's footprints match the same ones found on the deserted human colony.

As the pods hatch on their own, the creatures are immediately detained, and if the creatures resist in any way, shape, or form, they are tranquilized with a nearly lethal dose. From their they are put into prison cells, and Hive Mind is issuing research on mind control, cloning as secondary research subject but being postponed.

- Map Expansion -

I have made the map bigger and also made it so you can't own corners- because there would be no point. No stars there. Now people will be able to see the true size of your faction, instead of a corner glimpse or something. If OP wants me to make more clusters then I can.

Feel free to change your national borders.

I'll get around to editing my field of influence later.

lol you guys have to edit your stuff

thanks, crispy. i don't think we'll need new star clusters for a while, but if we do i'll get in touch.

The creatures immediatley resist, almost like they were programmed to resist. Their claws swipe at the robots, as their roar emits across the ship.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:42:16 AM by mlockha »

thanks, crispy. i don't think we'll need new star clusters for a while, but if we do i'll get in touch.

The creatures immediatley resist, almost like they were programmed to resist. Their claws swipe at the robots, as their roar emits across the ship.

The creatures would most likely be able to get a few of the regular models before the Predatory models would shoot at them with concussive rounds, meant to knock down (if not knock out)enemies rather than kill, and when down immediately inject said tranquilizers. If the tranquilizers prove ineffective, Gargantuan models will be deployed to eliminate the hostiles.

The creatures would most likely be able to get a few of the regular models before the Predatory models would shoot at them with concussive rounds, meant to knock down (if not knock out)enemies rather than kill, and when down immediately inject said tranquilizers. If the tranquilizers prove ineffective, Gargantuan models will be deployed to eliminate the hostiles.
While on the ground, when the tranquilizers are injected, hate is seen in the eyes of the unknown species. They get up and continue to fight, but eventually fall victim to the Gargantuan models.

Think of like, hands or something.

I don't know, evolution just did stuff.

FR drones recede from area after recording the creatures and their fight between the purgers (all through the outside using x-ray or infared, idk).

Planetary defense systems 60% complete.

FR drones recede from area after recording the creatures and their fight between the purgers (all through the outside using x-ray or infared, idk).

Explain to me how you recorded that when I said the pods were transported inside of a ship-like model, this was all practically going on inside of a ship, the moment your drones get near they'd be targeted and hunted.

Explain to me how you recorded that when I said the pods were transported inside of a ship-like model, this was all practically going on inside of a ship, the moment your drones get near they'd be targeted and hunted.
We have FTL travel, I think they could have watched from a really far distance.

All solar systems claimed were all given representation in the federal government.

What the forget, you just randomly added 6 new planets to your empire. Fix it back. Now.

We have FTL travel, I think they could have watched from a really far distance.

They can't look into something that doesn't have windows, why aren't you understanding this, you can have all the FTL travel you want, you'd have to be within a noticeable distance to properly record anything, and it's not like these interstellar models have just a pair of 'eyes' either, they can see all around themselves for battle/traversing effectiveness.