Author Topic: Community Spammer Watch-List  (Read 4262 times)

put quick and dirty screencaps of people spamming, harassing, or generally making a nuisance of themselves on people's freebuilds or similar such servers here, instead of cluttering up the drama section with a bunch of individual free-floating posts about guys who don't deserve their own thread

there's no schemata to follow or anything. just slap up some photo-evidence and get on with your life. maybe drop a quick description while you're at it, and where the screenshot was taken

incidentally, watch this thread, so you've got a quick reference for troublemakers and ne'er-do-wells. make administrating your own servers that much easier by knowing who'll stuff all over themselves and who won't

i'll start:

zxzvanzxz (92085, and beyond that, highlighted) showed up to cookie's and bisjac's BLU server, spammed 64x64 cubes and then forgeted off

he didn't say anything though. just 'contributed' and then left

waz diz really nezzazarrryy????????

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:44:47 PM by Badspot »

Great idea. I'll keep an eye out.

I guess we could count in Jesse over here for spamming up the forum with his handicapped stuffposts?

Megathreads or anything similar to this just cancels the actual forum out, drama is drama, if people are looking for it, they find it.  Besides, hardly anyone pays attention to megathreads as much as they do to actual threads.

megathreads have one specific use and it's to consolidate discussion of matters that would otherwise crowd boards (particularly with a bunch of stuff that doesn't actually require multiple threads and would just get in the way) into one place so people don't spend their time sifting through X to find Y

basically, if this works out, the greater drama board would be Y and this would just be a thread of X, thus making it extremely easy to find X and leaving the drama board unencumbered so it can get down to business Y

its basically a pseudo-subforum

if people are looking for spammers to look out for, here is an explicit list of spammers so you don't have to go out and spend all day picking through drama for people who are spamming and instead can spend all day doing productive things and hosting servers

The drama section isn't a clutter-forget of spammer threads though, it's not life off-topic where a thread vanishes after 10 minutes.  I could see why you would make a megathread if it did become an issue.  Also, how many people actually pay attention to this (http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=32719.0) thread? most of the in-game players don't pay attention to it, and they are the ones running the servers.

stupid kicks bans and mutes seems to filter out a lot of the less thought out dramas actually. probably not intentional on my part but its still serving a function- its less 'look at this and see how stupid people are!' and more 'please put your stuff here, so everyone can deal with more important stuff in the general drama board'

its pretty convenient id say. and beyond that, recognize it was made 6 years ago when i suspect i was not yet self aware

stupid kicks bans and mutes seems to filter out a lot of the less thought out dramas actually. probably not intentional on my part but its still serving a function- its less 'look at this and see how stupid people are!' and more 'please put your stuff here, so everyone can deal with more important stuff in the general drama board'
I understand that wasn't my point lol, take a look-back and re-read.

its pretty convenient id say. and beyond that, recognize it was made 6 years ago when i suspect i was not yet self aware
I am not calling you out for that thread, I'm saying people don't actually look in it very often.

I understand, but that wasn't my point lol, take a look-back and re-read.
Sorry.

yes i am saying that it's not supposed to be read, just posted in

this is more like a bulletin board thread vs skbm's rant-sink

So the entire point of these two threads you've made is so that people can just post in?  The drama section is to point out the trouble-makers, let people know who the scum of the community is, and stick them in their ban-list.  People would definitely pay more attention to an actual forum than a thread.

The drama section is to point out the trouble-makers, let people know who the scum of the community is, and stick them in their ban-list.

That is exactly what this thread is for, if I'm not mistaken.

That is exactly what this thread is for, if I'm not mistaken.
yes i am saying that it's not supposed to be read, just posted in