Author Topic: Malaysian Airways flight MH370 has disappeared  (Read 10493 times)

youre like twenty times more likely to die in a car wreck than in a car you ignorants
Tbh i've never heard the term "ignorants" before.

this is why i never want to fly on an airplane

Apparently you haven't heard of the Air Marshal program
or how to design plane fuselages, they purposely blow up old WWII planes mid-flight to study how they react
or how (most) planes are capable of landing with one engine out (some planes can land with only one engine, can't think of the plane, B-52?)
or all the protocol that goes on in a roosterpit
or all the training staff have
or the experience pilots have on a plane
or all of the millions of flights that go on every single day

kimdone
no I'm not lol!

On a trans-atlantic flight aboard a 747, I stayed up into our simulated night-time talking with one of the coolest flight attendants I've ever met. He WAS a bit of a dork, to say the least (I admit, I listened in on convos between him and other flight officers, he's the kind of guy that's single at age 40 with 0 chance of any ladies, and all the stewardesses on the plane feel bad for him.)
Long story short I asked him: do you feel safer on this plane, or on the ground? He said, regardless of time, season, place, anything, he would rather be on that plane. We discussed everything from air marshals, to air speed, to US Air Force, to how thick the fuselage is, everything.

If someone who works on a plane can have a down-to-earth honest conversation with an 18 year old guy and say "Yes, I feel safe on this plane"
I think you can worry about something other than planes.

there is no reasoning me out of this. im convinced that planes are flying death traps and i believe thats a fact

the thought of being in an object thats thousands of meters above the ground going at over 1000kph scares the crap out of me
do you have any idea the amount of kinetic energy in an object like that going at those kind of speeds if it rams into a building or solid surface?
nobody on board is going to survive. i 100% guarantee that.

im worse than john madden

stuff guys no need to rip Planr a new starfish

Personally I have no problem flying on a plane, but I can totally see why the experience would be scary to him. Giant vehicle in the sky and all that. I'm scared stuffless of spiders, and no matter how much you guys say "only 2% of spiders are venomous to humans" or "no spider would attack a human" it's still gonna scare me.

oh stuff imagine if spiders hijacked the plan LOL

imagine if spiders hijacked the plan LOL

skyrim mod with airplanes.
thalmor trains frostbite spiders to take over stormcloak airplane and crash it into windhelm!
under the careful guidance of osama bin-mudcrab

May I recommend you not get in a car then?
or ride a motorcycle?
or a train, speedboat, any motorized vehicles that travels above 30mph really?

See there's a big difference between a plane and a car.
A plane, the person piloting it has spent their whole LIFE training to fly it. Most civil pilots, were military pilots. Most pilots, were co-pilots for a couple years and already have experience behind the yoke.

A car, on the other hand, can be any old shmuck. Half-blind indian grandma? You bet. Some guy with WICKED road rage? Sure. Alquida carrying his 99 virgins IEDs in the trunk? Yup.

The difference is security. On the road, you don't know WHO is out there. In the skies, if you don't tell people who you are you get shot down. There is no room to screw around.

But you keep doin' what you're doin', planes are bad and scary

the thought of being in an object thats thousands of meters above the ground going at over 1000kph scares the crap out of me
do you have any idea the amount of kinetic energy in an object like that going at those kind of speeds if it rams into a building or solid surface?
nobody on board is going to survive. i 100% guarantee that.
except the chances of it ramming into something are millions to one
again, you're more likely to die in a car or any other vehicle

there is no reasoning me out of this. im convinced that planes are flying death traps and i believe thats a fact
youre also convinced that god exists #tip

Some people seem to think that extremists on board affiliated to the forgets who pulled that mass stabbing were planning something along the lines of a chinese 9/11, and the chicoms downed the jet before it could cause any damage

what is with the sudden rate of using avatars as reaction images lately

except the chances of it ramming into something are millions to one
again, you're more likely to die in a car or any other vehicle
until you actually have a wreck
in a car wreck you're more likely to survive than in a plane crash
in 2010 there were about 8.5 deaths per plane crash, and this is for "aircraft capable of carrying more than six passengers, excluding helicopters, balloons, or combat aircraft"
in the same year, there wasn't even half per car crash. including both injuries and deaths. there were only 0.006 deaths per car accident

so there's two sides to it. of course, it doesn't matter. he has every right to be afraid. he isn't hurting anyone by being afraid of planes. and there's nothing you can or ever will be able to do that will change it

in a car wreck you are more likely to survive but that doesn't change the fact that you are more likely to die in general

the only upside to cars is if something breaks you can just pull over

if something breaks on a plane hopefully you dont blow up kaboom