Author Topic: The Guitar Hero Megathread  (Read 4034 times)

Guitar Hero is a franchise of rhythm games first published by RedOctane and Harmonix and distributed by Activision in 2005. The player uses a guitar-shaped controller to simulate playing the lead, rhythm, or bass guitar tracks across numerous songs. They must match colored gems representing the notes of the song that come forward on the screen to the five colored fret buttons on the controller, using a "strum bar" on the body of the guitar to strum the notes in order to score points, and entertain the virtual audience. The guitar controller tries to simulate many features of playing a real guitar, such as a whammy bar to alter the pitch of notes and the use of fast fingering hammer-ons or pull-offs. Most games in the franchise feature single player modes, typically a "Career mode" allowing you to start a band and play through every song in the game, and both cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes, local and online. While the game is called Guitar Hero, the introduction of a four player band featuring vocals and drums came with Guitar Hero: World Tour in 2008.

Here is a list of what are, in my opinion, the most notable Guitar Hero games in the franchise in order of release date, not including the DJ Hero games, DS & mobile games, or arcade games.

Guitar Hero features a unique type of guitar-shaped controller for playing the game. Here are some of the many designed guitars. While the games that the guitars come with are labeled, you can use any of the guitars for any Guitar Hero game, as long as it's compatible with the game system you're playing on - you can't use a guitar for the PS2 on a Guitar Hero game for the Xbox 360. If a guitar isn't labeled, it's for all platforms as far as I know. This will not include the drum and microphone controllers.

The Black Gibson SG (PS2) for Guitar Hero I

The Cherry Gibson SG (PS2) and Gibson Explorer (Xbox 360) for Guitar Hero II (Explorer also comes with Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock for PC)

The Kramer (PS2) and Gibson Les Paul (Xbox 360 & Wii) for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

The "Genericaster" for Guitar Hero: World Tour and Guitar Hero 5

The "Battle Axe" for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

And that's pretty much it. Discuss the game, music, community, etc, post videos, whatever. This game is totally dead but I still love it. Feel free to discuss Rock Band, too.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:12:35 PM by Cakey »

I liked Guitar Hero III the best. I got 82% accuracy on Through The Fire And Flames, expert. I haven't played in many months, though.

Hey man, that is a pretty bad page-stretch you have in here.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:01:52 PM by weaver123 »

I liked Guitar Hero III the best. I got 82% accuracy on Through The Fire And Flames, expert. I haven't played in many months, though.
nice, do you remember your score?

I'll deal with it once a million people complain about it

i played rock band 3 for like four years but kinda quit recently
can't say much for guitar hero, playing it kind of felt dirty compared to rock band's sleek design, lol

oh man i played a lot of guitar hero when i was younger.
for some reason when it came out, i was able to play on expert mode easily.
i was like, between 6-10 at that time.

so people would look at me thinking i was a witch or something.

i loved legends of rock. wish they made more guitar heros.

Jesus christ man get rid of the pagestretch

Jesus christ man get rid of the pagestretch

Make a Stylish script for BLF with this as the code.

Code: [Select]
img {max-width:100%; }

Guitar Hero 3 was the best one, was disappointed by the ones that followed

needs more [img width=600]

Thread update! Fixed the pagestretch and made the list of games smaller. Few minor things, as well.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:22:00 PM by Cakey »

sorry to triple post but I just FC'd bat country on expert guitar and I'm really happy

it'll be on youtube soon

I rock at this game come at me