Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 167611 times)

I see you know how to link larger-sized pictures properly.

I see you know how to link larger-sized pictures properly.
fixed that earlier but I didn't wanna post without something else to say

it probably goes without saying that I do have something to say now
and this thing is that the ship is finished, as far as the general structure goes

the small ship is not mine. I don't know who it belongs to, I got it from the workshop a long time ago. it's just there to show you what that little space is for
I may or may not make my own small ship to represent what the characters would actually use

however, as you can see, I still haven't figured out what to do about that window space on the sides of the roosterpit
and the interior needs to be done. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to lay that out. I think, perhaps, one of the big, flat sections to the sides of the roosterpit section may be used for crew quarters (like I said there are only three), and the other side used for things like kitchen/dining room/living room/rec room? then the leftover space used for cargo, in particular the three sections at the back
I also should probably come up with real names for all of these sections, but I guess that's less relevant here than it will be in the story

it's... really blocky, imo. you should try to make the exterior a little more flowing, and the interior a little more detailed

it's... really blocky, imo. you should try to make the exterior a little more flowing, and the interior a little more detailed
it is, to some degree, supposed to be blocky. it's kinda old, and that's what the manufacturer was doing at the time it was made
but still not quite as blocky as it is. I don't really know what to do about that, though. I tried beveling but had trouble at the rear, where the engines are
I think I know a couple of things I can do

I also need to paint it

So I just got this game with a friend. and our first 3 hours were pretty interesting.

First hour:
We were trying to find each other in space by using the moon as a reference point. During the trip, I stop at a donut asteroid and mine some iron/ice from it then continue my journey. We find each other and connect ships, and I used the iron I got to repair our starting ships. We then got hit by a meteor-shower and I spent 10 minutes trying to plug a hole.

Second hour:
We decided to land on the moon. With default respawn ships. We both crash-land because we suck, but we also both survive the crashes. Our ships landed in different ways, destroying different systems. He lost his oxygen generator, reactor, med-bay, and cargo hold. I lost my gyroscope, assembler, refinery, cargo hold, and collector. So we conveniently had all the stuff we needed to make one ship for the both of us. Problem was that we didn't know how to get to each other. We spent like 20 minutes trying to do that until we found out what coordinates are. But then he died of oxygen and energy loss. Oh well. So I continue the mission and try to salvage pieces from his ship, and I do so.

Third hour: My friend keeps getting reamed by space pirates, and I lose my med-bay to another meteor shower. I spent like 30 minutes salvaging his ship. I then put the gyroscope on my ship, put a bunch of thrusters on the back of it, and try to ramp off of the surprisingly smooth hill that I crashed on. I fail, and the roosterpit gets detatched from the rest of the ship. I try to stop this, but that only leads to it slamming through the windshield. I try to grind it down so I can catch up with the ship and reinstall it, but I instead get smacked by the chair mid-grind and die.

This game is amazing.

Bump

Not really anything to add, I just got medieval engineers so I've been playing that. I just didn't want this to die.

I'd be up for a space engineers bl server, either creative or survival

I'll blow anybody who gifts me the game
I can get my own game i'm not that poor

I'll blow anybody who gifts me the game
I can get my own game i'm not that poor
make it sloppy and ill do it

I can only do fishy ones
"glub glub glub," I say, as I guide your throbbing rooster into one of my gills

survival is so tedious to start especially when the closest source of nickel is 30k meters away

I think you mean 3,000,000 centimeters