Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 165643 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxzmeNX1T8

Atmospheric thruster animations
http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-113-atmospheric-thruster-animations.7376697/

Edit: Jesus christ, just look at these.

This game had a topic months ago, but seriously guys. Out of all the games out there, this one should be on the top of most appealing games to the Blockland community. Especially for you spaceship builders.

Website is best place to get information on this, but I'll make a list of features and post some screenshots.

• Build actually pilot-able spaceships that take into account energy consumption, weight, and other physics
    • So not only are you able to build your own spaceship to your design, you can also walk around inside it and even fly it around space.
  • Build pilot-able Smaller Crafts that are able to dock inside your larger spaceships. Build a fleet of fighters if you'd like.
  • Mine asteroids for various metals in order to build your stuff.
  • An excellent crafting system where you refine ore into ingots, and then build them into smaller components in order to build larger ones and blocks.
  • Ballistic weapons, guns, rockets, and machine turrets for your bloodthirst.
  • Great ship crashing phyisics. Materials warp and get blown off into space when it collides with something in force.
  • Beautiful graphics.
  • A creative mode to let your space fantasies run free.

This game is still in Alpha, but the developers have been adding features at a spectacular rate in my opinion. It can only get better from here.

Right now it's only 20$ on steam (not sure about price atm, I'll check that later) for early access, but it's well worth whatever price it's at now.

Here's a screen

This game is well worth the buy. Support its production
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:53:34 PM by LoLBert »

I'm eating my hat later this week. Just to keep my promise

Neato. I built a working rover in this game and a wip space station, I'll post pictures later.

Just waiting on the mining bug and a few crash bugs to be fixed.

I'm eating my hat later this week. Just to keep my promise
let's hope it's a trimbley

what did you say? It wasn't gonna happen?

let's hope it's a trimbley

what did you say? It wasn't gonna happen?
I said they were gonna take the money and run before even finishing survival mode

well survival mode is done and i have a delicious hat lying around here

oh my god this game is amazing
i broke jellyfishes first rover by accident and then proceeded to blow up an asteroid

This game's cool, but I'm still hoping they add in stuff to make it more like Spacebuild (from Garry's Mod) with oxygen and maybe some sort of food you have to get. Also planets wouldn't hurt either, I'd love for planets to be added, space feels so boring and empty (although in reality it is) without planets.

I said they were gonna take the money and run before even finishing survival mode

well survival mode is done and i have a delicious hat lying around here
Yeah they've actually been doing reaaaally well at receiving community feedback and such. They've been posting lots of updates that people want and keeping in touch with the players and stuff. I have been really surprised and am really glad that I bought the game.

This game's cool, but I'm still hoping they add in stuff to make it more like Spacebuild (from Garry's Mod) with oxygen and maybe some sort of food you have to get. Also planets wouldn't hurt either, I'd love for planets to be added, space feels so boring and empty (although in reality it is) without planets.
iirc they have said they probably wont add things like food/hunger and probably oxygen. I think the idea is you have some sort of air recycling machine in your suit that only uses your suit's power, so obviously when that runs out your air runs out.

I enjoy playing Space Engineers enough to have built a battleship in it, the problem is that trying to make the rotors do what you want pisses me off. Unfortunately it's such a problem for me that I'm not willing to play until they revamp them :/.

There's now solar panels to get energy from. It should look extra nice on structures.

Also your thrusters now damage blocks so people who tried to cheat and just shove as much thrusters into their ships will have to redesign. I tried to avoid that as much as possible, so my ships are near untouched by that, which is nice.

You guys should post pics of your stuff. I'll go take pics atm of my ships that I built. Also, my main reason for remaking a space engineers thread is so I can know people who actually play this game to try and get a good multiplayer going on without worrying about randoms.

edit: the solar panels look lovey

Is this game avaliable to play offline?
I'm not online all the time (infact, probably only about 5% the time I am online), and I don't want to have to be  connected to play if I get it.
Else I guess I could live with playing it a few times a day.

Is this game avaliable to play offline?
I'm not online all the time (infact, probably only about 5% the time I am online), and I don't want to have to be  connected to play if I get it.
Else I guess I could live with playing it a few times a day.
Yes. You can play without ever touching a multiplayer server and just play SP.

Yes. You can play without ever touching a multiplayer server and just play SP.
Alright, thats good to know, also any idea on what the size is?
I've just noticed my hard drive is about full and I might have to clear out some space for it.

Alright, thats good to know, also any idea on what the size is?
I've just noticed my hard drive is about full and I might have to clear out some space for it.

Website says it's about 2 gigs; 5 gigs recommended. It's an amazing game, really. I personally have wanted a game exactly like this for so long.

Alright, so my only problem with the new update is that I can't have my smaller ships dock into my larger ships without cutting holes through the floors. I would think the larger ship material would be strong enough to withstand a small ship thruster. Only way to fix this is to replace the flooring with the ugly heavy armor blocks (why the camo texture) which affects the roofs of the level below the hangar. I'll get around this eventually, but it's still a bit disappointing.

edit: by the way, anyone want to drop by and check out my stuff? company is always appreciated just as much as it was in Blockland.

steam id is C.Burt ; toss me a friend invite and you should be able to join. Room is gonna be called Vew's Stuff or something.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:31:51 PM by LoLBert »